George R.R. Martin’s Cameo in ‘Game of Thrones’ Finale Recap for ‘Gay of Thrones’ [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | June 19, 2014 11:10 AM EST
There are a lot of “Game of Thrones” parodies, but only one has the real George R.R. Martin in it. The acclaimed novelist made a special cameo in the parody of the HBO show “Gay of Thrones.”
Cast member Peter Dinklage arrives for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The blood-filled finale of the fourth season of HBO's fantasy series "Game of Thrones" was watched by 7.1 million viewers, the network said on Monday, topping the 5.4 million people who watched last season's closing episode. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson/Files
‘Game of Thrones’: George R.R. Martin Offering Fans Chance to Meet Their ‘Grisly Death’ in “A Song of Fire and Ice’
The Funny or Die series stars hairstylist Jonathan Van Ness recapping the episodes to his guest clients in his vibrant, unique way.
How unique? Suffice it to say he constantly uses pop culture references in his storytelling, such as calling Daenerys Targaryen as Christina Aguilera and referring to various characters as Debbie Downer, Baby Barack Obama and Lady Gaga.
In the latest episode, Jonathan summarised the fourth season finale of the epic fantasy series to comedian Louis Virtel, who said he needed to understand the show to impress his date.
“So then Jon Snow gets down to her very own private funeral, and she’s giving me full on like Chanel print ad Swan Song, and then Jon Snow like poignantly turns around and he’s giving us our like Angela Bassett in Waiting to Exhale moment,” Jonathan said of Ygritte’s funeral.
“So then Tilda happens on Baby Kristen Stewart,” he continued, referring to Arya Stark. “She starts s*** with Dog the Bounty Hunter. And then she goes full Mike Tyson on his ass.”
The whole storytelling scene was revealed to be part of another story, which Martin was reading to his 10-year-old grandson.
And true to Martin’s style, he has killed yet another favourite character even one belonging in a parody story.
He also poked fun at his slow writing pace, saying, “It takes me time to write. 1500 pages are long. Sometimes people can’t even read them.”
In June 2013, Alfie Allen, who plays Theon Greyjoy, appeared in an episode of the spoof show.
Watch Funny or Die’s “Gay of Thrones” with George R.R. Martin:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install