George R.R. Martin’s Cameo in ‘Game of Thrones’ Finale Recap for ‘Gay of Thrones’ [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | June 19, 2014 11:10 AM EST
There are a lot of “Game of Thrones” parodies, but only one has the real George R.R. Martin in it. The acclaimed novelist made a special cameo in the parody of the HBO show “Gay of Thrones.”
Cast member Peter Dinklage arrives for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The blood-filled finale of the fourth season of HBO's fantasy series "Game of Thrones" was watched by 7.1 million viewers, the network said on Monday, topping the 5.4 million people who watched last season's closing episode. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson/Files
‘Game of Thrones’: George R.R. Martin Offering Fans Chance to Meet Their ‘Grisly Death’ in “A Song of Fire and Ice’
The Funny or Die series stars hairstylist Jonathan Van Ness recapping the episodes to his guest clients in his vibrant, unique way.
How unique? Suffice it to say he constantly uses pop culture references in his storytelling, such as calling Daenerys Targaryen as Christina Aguilera and referring to various characters as Debbie Downer, Baby Barack Obama and Lady Gaga.
In the latest episode, Jonathan summarised the fourth season finale of the epic fantasy series to comedian Louis Virtel, who said he needed to understand the show to impress his date.
“So then Jon Snow gets down to her very own private funeral, and she’s giving me full on like Chanel print ad Swan Song, and then Jon Snow like poignantly turns around and he’s giving us our like Angela Bassett in Waiting to Exhale moment,” Jonathan said of Ygritte’s funeral.
“So then Tilda happens on Baby Kristen Stewart,” he continued, referring to Arya Stark. “She starts s*** with Dog the Bounty Hunter. And then she goes full Mike Tyson on his ass.”
The whole storytelling scene was revealed to be part of another story, which Martin was reading to his 10-year-old grandson.
And true to Martin’s style, he has killed yet another favourite character even one belonging in a parody story.
He also poked fun at his slow writing pace, saying, “It takes me time to write. 1500 pages are long. Sometimes people can’t even read them.”
In June 2013, Alfie Allen, who plays Theon Greyjoy, appeared in an episode of the spoof show.
Watch Funny or Die’s “Gay of Thrones” with George R.R. Martin:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet