George R.R. Martin’s Cameo in ‘Game of Thrones’ Finale Recap for ‘Gay of Thrones’ [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | June 19, 2014 11:10 AM EST
There are a lot of “Game of Thrones” parodies, but only one has the real George R.R. Martin in it. The acclaimed novelist made a special cameo in the parody of the HBO show “Gay of Thrones.”
Cast member Peter Dinklage arrives for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The blood-filled finale of the fourth season of HBO's fantasy series "Game of Thrones" was watched by 7.1 million viewers, the network said on Monday, topping the 5.4 million people who watched last season's closing episode. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson/Files
‘Game of Thrones’: George R.R. Martin Offering Fans Chance to Meet Their ‘Grisly Death’ in “A Song of Fire and Ice’
The Funny or Die series stars hairstylist Jonathan Van Ness recapping the episodes to his guest clients in his vibrant, unique way.
How unique? Suffice it to say he constantly uses pop culture references in his storytelling, such as calling Daenerys Targaryen as Christina Aguilera and referring to various characters as Debbie Downer, Baby Barack Obama and Lady Gaga.
In the latest episode, Jonathan summarised the fourth season finale of the epic fantasy series to comedian Louis Virtel, who said he needed to understand the show to impress his date.
“So then Jon Snow gets down to her very own private funeral, and she’s giving me full on like Chanel print ad Swan Song, and then Jon Snow like poignantly turns around and he’s giving us our like Angela Bassett in Waiting to Exhale moment,” Jonathan said of Ygritte’s funeral.
“So then Tilda happens on Baby Kristen Stewart,” he continued, referring to Arya Stark. “She starts s*** with Dog the Bounty Hunter. And then she goes full Mike Tyson on his ass.”
The whole storytelling scene was revealed to be part of another story, which Martin was reading to his 10-year-old grandson.
And true to Martin’s style, he has killed yet another favourite character even one belonging in a parody story.
He also poked fun at his slow writing pace, saying, “It takes me time to write. 1500 pages are long. Sometimes people can’t even read them.”
In June 2013, Alfie Allen, who plays Theon Greyjoy, appeared in an episode of the spoof show.
Watch Funny or Die’s “Gay of Thrones” with George R.R. Martin:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report