Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice: Jason Momoa Hints At Aquaman Role On Video
By Tanya Diente | June 19, 2014 10:55 AM EST
A new report has surfaced online confirming "Game of Thrones" Khal Drago actor Jason Momoa as Aquaman, a DC comics superhero in "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice" and Momoa himself had hinted at his possible role.
An anti-government demonstrator dressed as Batman yells slogans accompanied by passengers on a bus, during a protest against the 2014 World Cup in Rio de Janeiro June 12, 2014. Placard reads "We want to be the champions in healthcare, education and not just in football."
According to Hollywood Reporter, Jason Momoa was in talks to play the role of the aquatic superhero in "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice" since December. Now a source had told Hollywood Reporter that indeed, the "Conan" actor will play the role of Aquaman.
Likewise, in a recent Instagram post, Jason Momoa hinted at his Aquaman role in "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice" when he posted a photo of himself carrying a trident-like pitchfork.
According to IGN, Jason Momoa posted the photo in response to the rumours that he will play Aquaman in "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice." The trident clearly has associations with Aquaman. However, on the photo he is also giving the rude gesture with his middle finger and captioned it "Stella, Diablo, and me."
The photo posts many curious questions whether Jason Momoa is confirming the rumour or telling people it's ridiculous (see photo from IGN).
According to Geektyrant, Jason Momoa as Aquaman in "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice" is a solid choice since it would be interesting to see how big of a part he plays in the movie.
Since December, Jason Momoa had been hesitant about revealing his role in "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice," if ever he was going to star in the film. The film has been shrouded in secrecy that even Warner Bros. and representatives for Jason Momoa have declined to comment on the report confirming Jason Momoa's role as Aquaman.
"Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice" also stars Ben Affleck as the new Batman, while Henry Cavill returns as Superman together with Amy Adams who also appeared with Cavill in "Man of Steel." Newcomers Gal Gadot will play Wonderwoman, Jesse Eisenberg as Superman's nemesis Lex Luther and Jeremy Irons replaces Michael Caine as Batman's butler Alfred Pennyworth.
Production of "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice" has begun with Zack Snyder as director. The movie is expected to open in US cinemas on May 6, 2016.
Source:YouTube/Jimmy Kimmel Live
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand