Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice: Jason Momoa Hints At Aquaman Role On Video
By Tanya Diente | June 19, 2014 10:55 AM EST
A new report has surfaced online confirming "Game of Thrones" Khal Drago actor Jason Momoa as Aquaman, a DC comics superhero in "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice" and Momoa himself had hinted at his possible role.
An anti-government demonstrator dressed as Batman yells slogans accompanied by passengers on a bus, during a protest against the 2014 World Cup in Rio de Janeiro June 12, 2014. Placard reads "We want to be the champions in healthcare, education and not just in football."
According to Hollywood Reporter, Jason Momoa was in talks to play the role of the aquatic superhero in "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice" since December. Now a source had told Hollywood Reporter that indeed, the "Conan" actor will play the role of Aquaman.
Likewise, in a recent Instagram post, Jason Momoa hinted at his Aquaman role in "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice" when he posted a photo of himself carrying a trident-like pitchfork.
According to IGN, Jason Momoa posted the photo in response to the rumours that he will play Aquaman in "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice." The trident clearly has associations with Aquaman. However, on the photo he is also giving the rude gesture with his middle finger and captioned it "Stella, Diablo, and me."
The photo posts many curious questions whether Jason Momoa is confirming the rumour or telling people it's ridiculous (see photo from IGN).
According to Geektyrant, Jason Momoa as Aquaman in "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice" is a solid choice since it would be interesting to see how big of a part he plays in the movie.
Since December, Jason Momoa had been hesitant about revealing his role in "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice," if ever he was going to star in the film. The film has been shrouded in secrecy that even Warner Bros. and representatives for Jason Momoa have declined to comment on the report confirming Jason Momoa's role as Aquaman.
"Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice" also stars Ben Affleck as the new Batman, while Henry Cavill returns as Superman together with Amy Adams who also appeared with Cavill in "Man of Steel." Newcomers Gal Gadot will play Wonderwoman, Jesse Eisenberg as Superman's nemesis Lex Luther and Jeremy Irons replaces Michael Caine as Batman's butler Alfred Pennyworth.
Production of "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice" has begun with Zack Snyder as director. The movie is expected to open in US cinemas on May 6, 2016.
Source:YouTube/Jimmy Kimmel Live
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS