Shakira in No Mood to Marry Spanish Footballer Boyfriend Gerard Piqué
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 19, 2014 10:04 AM EST
Shakira is in no mood to get married to her boyfriend Gerard Piqué, the Spanish football star who plays for FC Barcelona.
As Shakira featured on the cover of the summer issue of Glam Belleza Latina, she talked about her relationship with Piqué. E! Online said that the "Hips Don't Lie" singer looked "particularly flawless" on the cover. She was asked if she would ever get married to her beau Piqué. She said that marriage would not make things better as they already were in a "union." "We already have what's essential, you know? We have a union, a love for each other, and a baby. I think that those aspects of our relationship are already established, and marriage is not going to change them," she said, "But if I'm ever going to get married, he's the one."
Spain's player Gerard Pique runs during a training session ahead of the 2014 World Cup in Curitiba, June 9, 2014.
Shakira has been in a relation with the Spanish footballer, who is presently playing the FIFA World Cup 2014, since 2010. The Colombian singer is 10 years older than her boyfriend. She had had a child with Piqué in January 2013. Interestingly, the couple shares the same birthday, Feb 2. They met for the first time in 2010 when Shakira was in the process of making a music video of "Waka Waka (This Time for Africa)," the official song of the FIFA World Cup 2010 held in South Africa.
Shakira also talked about her hair which she is famous for. She said that she would not like to colour her hair black in near future. "I like that blond hair gives a lot of light onstage and makes my face pop a little more. The dark hair made me look more Goth. And besides, how many blond Latinas are there in the world? Hello!" she said. She also talked about her diet. She eats whatever she wants, she said. "I don't believe in depriving myself or being a slave to diets. I generally eat healthy, but I indulge too," said the singer who arguably has the most enviable vital statistics on the planet.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia