World Cup 2014: Which 4 Countries Impose Total Sex Ban on Soccer Players Competing in Brazil
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 19, 2014 9:47 AM EST
Victories by some national soccer teams competing in the current World Cup games in Brazil has led some porn stars to either abstain or indulge in sex.
South Korea's Ki Sung-yueng controls the ball during a friendly soccer match against Tunisia at the Seoul World Cup stadium in Seoul in this May 28, 2014 file photo. South Korea's squad will make their eighth consecutive World Cup appearance in Brazil, where they have been drawn with Russia, Algeria and Belgium in Group H.
Among athletes, it has been a common belief that indulging in sex prior to a game could affect the results of their match, thus some teams impose an abstinence rule on their players. Thus, prostitutes flock in droves to international sporting events because of income opportunities.
For some teams, there are certain conditions that may sound unusual. France allows it players to indulge in sex, but it shouldn't last all night. Nigeria permits it, if the players sleep with their wives only, girlfriends excluded. Brazil okays pre-game fun, but "it shouldn't be acrobatic."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- Terminally-Ill Australian Mother Fights For Time With Premature Baby; Flooded With Donations
- Australia, NZ Ditch Proposed Joint Therapeutic Products Agency
- Kate Middleton: Duchess Of Cambridge's Beauty Secrets Revealed By Her Skin Specialist
- Canadian ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Raises $16.2M For ALS Research