Gabrielle Union is a Beautiful Distraction to Help Fiancé Dwyane Wade Overcome Tough Loss in the NBA Finals
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 19, 2014 9:42 AM EST
The Miami Heat fought fiercely, but the San Antonio Spurs got the better and walloped them in the Game 5 of the National Basketball Association (NBA) Finals. While Spurs fans continue to savour the hangover of victory, Heat fans like Dwyane Wade's fiancée's Gabrielle Union is still muddling through the tough loss. However, the "Being Mary Jane" star also knows how to distract her beau from his team's defeat.
Actress Gabrielle Union arrives at the 2013 BET Awards in Los Angeles, California June 30, 2013.
During an appearance on Bravo TV's "Watch What Happens Live," Union said it was tough for her to see the Heat be defeated Sunday night.
"I'm still in the thick of it," said Union. The 41-year-old said that she was weeping about the loss but Wade told her to let it go because winning and losing are parts of the game.
"I'm on the ground, there's tears."
"He's like, 'Baby you win some, you lose some, I'm disappointed, I'm hard on myself by you know, suck it up sister, really.'"
According to Union, she also has special treats for her Wade in times like this. She doesn't need to buy his future husband his favourite candy bar, she only needed pull a stunt and pull a trick on him.
"The trickery comes out," said Union.
"I'm like, 'Alright missed the game winner."
Union is set to marry Wade on Aug. 30 in Miami, according to a TMZ report. It was announced in May, more than five months after the duo got engaged.
Wade popped the question just before Christmas. He reportedly asked his sons and nephew to help him with the marriage proposal. Their engagement came after four years of being together. The marriage will be the second for both. Union was once married to retired National Football League (NFL) player Chris Howard, while Wade was once in a marital relationship with Siohvaughn Funches.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect