Casting Spoilers: Eileen Davidson (Kristen DiMera) Leaves Days of Our Lives for Young and the Restless; Paul’s Deteriorating Health Sparks Actor’s Exit Reports
By jaskiran kaur | June 19, 2014 8:36 AM EST
Fan-favourites "Days of Our Lives" (DOOL) and "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R) are undergoing major cast shakeups. According to the latest update, another switch is in the making. "Days of Our Lives" actress Eileen Davidson is permanently leaving the daily soap opera and heading back to "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R). Meanwhile, "The Young and the Restless" character Paul Williams deteriorating health and possible death has led to frenzied speculations about the exit of the actor Doug Davidson. Read on to find the details.
"Days of Our Lives" fans may not be too happy to know that Eileen Davidson who played major character Kristen DiMera will be gone soon.
Soap Opera Digest reported on Tuesday that the actress is set to reprise her role as Ashley Abbott in "The Young and the Restless," the show she started her soap opera actress career with.
"They has been reaching out for quite a while and wondering what I wanted, so the deal we made suits my life very well," told Eileen Davidson to the publication.
She reportedly is "really happy" with the decision.
"I've put in a lot of years in this medium, which I don't take for granted, so I'm very grateful," added Eileen Davidson.
Currently, the actress is completing the 12-week story arc at "DOOL." Watch out for her in the early September when Ashley Abbott makes a thrilling return to "The Young and the Restless."
Meanwhile, "The Young and the Restless" fans are wondering about the fate of Doug Davidson's character Paul Williams. After getting shot by Austin, Paul has been fighting for his life in the hospital. Finding out that Dylan is Paul's long lost son, it was thought he could be the donor. But later it was revealed that even Dylan can't save Paul. The character's health is continuously deteriorating. Several media outlets are now speculating if Paul is fated to die resulting in the actor's shocking exit.
There could be two scenarios. Either Paul's family finds a donor who could save him, or he dies after bidding an emotional goodbye to them.
According to Celebrity Dirty Laundry "if a major character like Paul Williams is set to be killed off, we hear rumblings about it in advance." But there has been none. Fans will have to hang in there to see what comes next. However, it is suggested that they prepare for the worst as Jill Farren Phelps loves to surprise her viewers.
Meanwhile, let us know your thoughts about Paul Williams' fate in "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R). Would you like to see more of Doug Davidson? Also, sound your opinion about Eileen Davidson's exit from "Days of Our Lives" (DOOL)? Would you miss crazy Kristen DiMera?
For more spoilers and updates on "The Young and the Restless," read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage