Casting Spoilers: Eileen Davidson (Kristen DiMera) Leaves Days of Our Lives for Young and the Restless; Paul’s Deteriorating Health Sparks Actor’s Exit Reports
By jaskiran kaur | June 19, 2014 8:36 AM EST
Fan-favourites "Days of Our Lives" (DOOL) and "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R) are undergoing major cast shakeups. According to the latest update, another switch is in the making. "Days of Our Lives" actress Eileen Davidson is permanently leaving the daily soap opera and heading back to "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R). Meanwhile, "The Young and the Restless" character Paul Williams deteriorating health and possible death has led to frenzied speculations about the exit of the actor Doug Davidson. Read on to find the details.
"Days of Our Lives" fans may not be too happy to know that Eileen Davidson who played major character Kristen DiMera will be gone soon.
Soap Opera Digest reported on Tuesday that the actress is set to reprise her role as Ashley Abbott in "The Young and the Restless," the show she started her soap opera actress career with.
"They has been reaching out for quite a while and wondering what I wanted, so the deal we made suits my life very well," told Eileen Davidson to the publication.
She reportedly is "really happy" with the decision.
"I've put in a lot of years in this medium, which I don't take for granted, so I'm very grateful," added Eileen Davidson.
Currently, the actress is completing the 12-week story arc at "DOOL." Watch out for her in the early September when Ashley Abbott makes a thrilling return to "The Young and the Restless."
Meanwhile, "The Young and the Restless" fans are wondering about the fate of Doug Davidson's character Paul Williams. After getting shot by Austin, Paul has been fighting for his life in the hospital. Finding out that Dylan is Paul's long lost son, it was thought he could be the donor. But later it was revealed that even Dylan can't save Paul. The character's health is continuously deteriorating. Several media outlets are now speculating if Paul is fated to die resulting in the actor's shocking exit.
There could be two scenarios. Either Paul's family finds a donor who could save him, or he dies after bidding an emotional goodbye to them.
According to Celebrity Dirty Laundry "if a major character like Paul Williams is set to be killed off, we hear rumblings about it in advance." But there has been none. Fans will have to hang in there to see what comes next. However, it is suggested that they prepare for the worst as Jill Farren Phelps loves to surprise her viewers.
Meanwhile, let us know your thoughts about Paul Williams' fate in "The Young and the Restless" (Y&R). Would you like to see more of Doug Davidson? Also, sound your opinion about Eileen Davidson's exit from "Days of Our Lives" (DOOL)? Would you miss crazy Kristen DiMera?
For more spoilers and updates on "The Young and the Restless," read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast