Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Release and Killer Features Confirmed through LTE-A Variant in South Korea
By Precious Silva | June 19, 2014 8:32 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime has been a hot topic for quite some time leading people to believe that the Korean tech giant has something big brewing. Recently, Samsung announced an LTE-A variant under its Galaxy S5 flagship. Currently, the device is only available in South Korea but its release confirms the company's plans in launching more powerful and premium editions under the S5 series. Will the LTE-A variant make way for the release of the Galaxy S5 Prime? What can people expect?
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014.
As mentioned, Samsung has made the device exclusive to South Korea. There are no details yet if it will be offered across the globe but it should be a good indication of Samsung's move to push the S5 series further. According to a report by Forbes, the Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A edition blows out the original Galaxy S5. It is more powerful and premium compared to the flagship although the build and casing may be similar.
Many sources consider the Galaxy S5 LTE-EA as the possible Galaxy S5 Prime. However, there are still analysts who believe that the LTE-A may just be a variant. Predictions did set the release of the S5 Prime around September in anticipation for the launch of the iPhone 6.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE-A device runs on Qualcomm's latest Snapdragon 805 chipset. It is the first handset to run on the processor setting the standard. The switch to the 805 chipset makes the Galaxy S5 LTE-A more powerful than current players like Sony Xperia Z2 and HTC One M8. That is 2.45GHz quad-core Krait 400 processor now pushed to next generation 2.7GHz quad-core Krait 450. Samsung has also improved the graphics chip from 578MHz Adreno 330 in the Snapdragon 801 switching to 718MHz Adreno 420 in the 805. According to Qualcomm, combining the Adreno 420 and the Krait 450 provides a graphics experience similar to the PlayStation 3.
Other reported features according to NDTV include 5.1-inch QHD Super AMOLED display offering 1440 x 2560 resolution with 577ppi, download speeds reaching 225Mbps and 3GB RAM. The pixel density of the device is greater than the LG G3.
Samsung has yet to clarify the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast