Top 15 Bug Fixes and Enhancements in 'Apple iOS 8 Beta 2'
By Pavithra Rathinavel | June 19, 2014 8:28 AM EST
Apple unveiled its iOS 8 at the WWDC 2014 event and the 'Beta 1' version of the latest OS was released to developers and registered users during the first week of June. But now, the company has released its iOS 8 Beta 2 version.
A woman looks at the screen of her mobile phone in front of an Apple logo outside its store in downtown Shanghai September 10, 2013.
This software update includes several improvements, bug fixes, general enhancements, and a couple of prominent changes. In addition, users who have downloaded this update should be able to observe a surge in speed, says Slash Gear.
1. Apple Messages will now allow all conversations to be marked as 'Read.'
2. The battery usage settings can now show the usage based on 'Last 24 hours and Last 5 days,' instead of 'Last 24 hours and Last 7 days.'
3. The web browser Safari can now stop ads from redirecting to the App Store without user's permission.
4. Users can now add a site to Shared Links or save a bookmark by tapping and holding on the bookmarks button.
5. iOS 8 beta 2 users will find a new Health app.
6. In addition, the apps in the App Store are arranged by 'purchase order' rather than the usual alphabetical order.
7. With this update, users can also provide review comments in App Store.
8. The much-awaited QuickType keyboard has been added to all Apple devices.
9. Notably, the privacy section has been updated to include a brand new Home Data menu.
10. The podcast app is now a default/preinstalled app in iOS 8 Beta 2.
11. This Beta release has also fixed the problem with 'Settings' that crashes when a third-party keyboard is added.
12. Also, the Address Book UI people picker has been modified in the new iOS 8 beta 2. A brand new mode with new API has been introduced. With this, the app will not request access to the user's contacts and therefore, the user will not see a prompt for access. Instead, a temporary copy of the selected contact will be returned to the app.
13. Developers can now integrate the fingerprint scanner (Touch ID) into apps.
14. The 'unlock text' can now show up in different languages other than English.
15. Other improvements include changes to iBook and accessibility.
In order to get the comprehensive list of fixes and enhancements head to Apple's developer portal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports