Arrow Season 3 Premiere Excites Fans: Harley Quinn, The Flash, New Black Canary, Malcolm Merlyn and Red Arrow Updates [SPOILERS]
By Arlene Paredes | June 19, 2014 3:56 AM EST
"Arrow" Season 3 is still months away from premiere date on The CW. Fans are excited to see Harley Quinn, even as Stephen Amell refuses to confirm the character appears in Arrow's third season. The Flash could visit, too. Meanwhile, the new Black Canary, Red Arrow, and Malcolm Merlyn are expected to delight many fans.
Actor Stephen Amell arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on Arrow Season 2. If you have not watched the key episodes, read at your own risk.
"It was absolutely Harley Quinn. Hope she is back - AND OUT OF HER CELL - in Season 3," Stephen Amell revealed in a Facebook Q&A session with fans of The CW series. Hundreds of fans gave the response a thumbs-up.
Amell dropped the solid answer in response to fan queries on a possible new member to the Suicide Squad at A.R.G.U.S.
Cassidy Alexa, rumoured to be playing Harley Quinn in Arrow Season 3, is mum on the issue. She, however, shows on Twitter through "retweets" and "favourites" that she appreciates the fans' reactions on the matter.
The Flash aka Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) gets a series all his own, but his connection to Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) in the Arrow Season 2 storyline could bring him back even for a bit in Season 3.
The new Black Canary, Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy), is already a part of Team Arrow. Her sister Sara Lance (Caity Lotz) tells Laurel in the finale of Arrow Season 2, "Oliver needs you." This, and the black leather jacket Sara passes on to Laurel suggest Laurel will be more involved in Team Arrow's operations in Season 3.
Red Arrow aka Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) is expected to have a lengthy storyline in Arrow Season 3. Thea Queen (Willa Holland) leaves Starling City with her biological father Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman). Roy is expected to badger Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) on Thea's whereabouts, but first they have to fight bad guys together.
"What could go wrong?" Amell teases fans on Twitter upon announcing that John Barrowman has signed on as a series regular in Arrow Season 3. The tweet got nearly five thousand "favourites."
New characters and new storylines are expected in Arrow Season 3, just as the second year took many different turns compared to the show's freshman year. More about Felicity Smoak's personal life will also be revealed.
John Diggle (David Ramsey) is going to be a dad, so that will also put a new spin to his character's motivation and drive.
The Arrow Season 3 premiere air date on The CW is expected to fall in the last quarter of the year.
More TV Stories, Episode Guide and Spoilers
'Arrow' Season 2, Episode 23 Spoilers: Oliver Queen, Black Canary in Finale Questions; Enemies Become Allies in 'Unthinkable' [Watch Promo Video]
Suits Season 4 Spoilers: Mike vs Harvey Continues, Rachel's Past to Spark New Conflicts [Watch Suits 4x2 Promo Video]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0