Samsung Galaxy S5 CF Auto Root Guide: How to Root Android
By Precious Silva | June 18, 2014 10:31 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S5 remains as one of the most powerful Android devices around. According to recent reports, the Korean tech giant is planning on releasing other variants just like what it did with the Galaxy S4. The first of the lot is the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active. Upcoming variants include the Galaxy S5 Prime and Galaxy S5 mini. As for those who chose to go for the original flagship, knowing how to root the device can be beneficial.
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014.
The auto root guide from came from Chainfire. The provider assures an easy and simple Auto-root method supporting all S5 variants. It is important for users to download the right file to avoid unnecessary issues. For rooting the Samsung Galaxy S5 variant, follow these instructions:
1. Look for the CF-Auto-Root version corresponding to the device model from XDA Developers Thread. Download and save in the computer.
2. Extract the content from the zip file. There are two ways to extract the files: via 7-Zip or the extract all function.
3. Access Odin and right click on it. Open the program as the administrator (click on "run as administrator).
4. Under Odin, select the PDA button. Click the .tar.md5 file. Users can find this under the CF-Auto-Root extracted folder.
5. Turn off the device.
6. Press the power, home and volume down buttons together. Wait for the screen to boot.
7. Press the volume up button to proceed.
8. Connect the device to the compute through USB.
9. Check if the Re-Partition is checked under Odin. Uncheck to prevent any problems.
10. Choose the Start button. The device will flash then restart.
Following restart, the device should be flashed successfully. It is best to read up all details before flashing.
Disclaimer: Providers of the update or the guide cannot be held responsible for what happens to the device following instructions. Users can flash or root at their own risk.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists