Sherlock Juicy Titbits: Benedict Cumberbatch Hair Turn Green, Martin Freeman Hates Moustache
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 18, 2014 7:53 PM EST
Benedict Cumberbatch's hair reportedly turned green after he dyed his locks black to portray the role of Sherlock Holmes in BBC's hugely popular series "Sherlock." They turned green just before the filming of the pilot episode, according to Claire Pritchard-Jones, the make-up artist of "Sherlock." She also revealed that Freeman did not like his moustache look in Season 3.
Actor Benedict Cumberbatch arrives for a dinner to celebrate the work of The Royal Marsden hosted by Britain Prince William at Windsor Castle, in Windsor, May 13, 2014.
The make-up artist revealed to Mirror Online that there was a "mad dash" to the hairdresser the day before the shooting of the pilot episode because Cumberbatch was sporting green locks.
According to Claire, Freeman hated the moustache and 10 styles were tried out before Freeman approved one. Claire revealed that Freeman shaved off the moustache earlier than he was supposed to in the script.
Claire also revealed that 'guy-liner' was used to show the "cold stare" of psychopath Jim Moriarty (Andrew Scott). In the premiere episode of "Sherlock" Season 3, Dr Watson (Martin Freeman) was seen sporting a moustache.
The premiere episode also showed a Serbian torturing Sherlock before brother Mycroft arrived to save him. The Serbian was seen with a tattoo, and according to Claire, the tattoo on the Siberian torturer is "totally authentic -- a researcher spent a whole day in the library researching one."
In the Season 3 finale, "His Law Vow," Sherlock was shown as a drug-addict. Claire revealed to Mirror Online that it was "hard work" to make Sherlock look like a drug-addict. However, the really hot weather during the shooting made it easier, as Cumberbatch developed a sweaty sheen.
The production of "Sherlock" Season 4 has yet to begin because of Cumberbatch and Freeman's busy acting schedules. There are speculations that Season 4 is unlikely to premiere before 2016. Mark Gatiss and Stephen Moffat, creators of "Sherlock," have said that they have mapped out Season 4 and Season 5 and the filming of the seasons depend on the availability of the actors.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft