Sherlock Juicy Titbits: Benedict Cumberbatch Hair Turn Green, Martin Freeman Hates Moustache
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 18, 2014 7:53 PM EST
Benedict Cumberbatch's hair reportedly turned green after he dyed his locks black to portray the role of Sherlock Holmes in BBC's hugely popular series "Sherlock." They turned green just before the filming of the pilot episode, according to Claire Pritchard-Jones, the make-up artist of "Sherlock." She also revealed that Freeman did not like his moustache look in Season 3.
Actor Benedict Cumberbatch arrives for a dinner to celebrate the work of The Royal Marsden hosted by Britain Prince William at Windsor Castle, in Windsor, May 13, 2014.
The make-up artist revealed to Mirror Online that there was a "mad dash" to the hairdresser the day before the shooting of the pilot episode because Cumberbatch was sporting green locks.
According to Claire, Freeman hated the moustache and 10 styles were tried out before Freeman approved one. Claire revealed that Freeman shaved off the moustache earlier than he was supposed to in the script.
Claire also revealed that 'guy-liner' was used to show the "cold stare" of psychopath Jim Moriarty (Andrew Scott). In the premiere episode of "Sherlock" Season 3, Dr Watson (Martin Freeman) was seen sporting a moustache.
The premiere episode also showed a Serbian torturing Sherlock before brother Mycroft arrived to save him. The Serbian was seen with a tattoo, and according to Claire, the tattoo on the Siberian torturer is "totally authentic -- a researcher spent a whole day in the library researching one."
In the Season 3 finale, "His Law Vow," Sherlock was shown as a drug-addict. Claire revealed to Mirror Online that it was "hard work" to make Sherlock look like a drug-addict. However, the really hot weather during the shooting made it easier, as Cumberbatch developed a sweaty sheen.
The production of "Sherlock" Season 4 has yet to begin because of Cumberbatch and Freeman's busy acting schedules. There are speculations that Season 4 is unlikely to premiere before 2016. Mark Gatiss and Stephen Moffat, creators of "Sherlock," have said that they have mapped out Season 4 and Season 5 and the filming of the seasons depend on the availability of the actors.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles