Sherlock Juicy Titbits: Benedict Cumberbatch Hair Turn Green, Martin Freeman Hates Moustache
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 18, 2014 7:53 PM EST
Benedict Cumberbatch's hair reportedly turned green after he dyed his locks black to portray the role of Sherlock Holmes in BBC's hugely popular series "Sherlock." They turned green just before the filming of the pilot episode, according to Claire Pritchard-Jones, the make-up artist of "Sherlock." She also revealed that Freeman did not like his moustache look in Season 3.
Actor Benedict Cumberbatch arrives for a dinner to celebrate the work of The Royal Marsden hosted by Britain Prince William at Windsor Castle, in Windsor, May 13, 2014.
The make-up artist revealed to Mirror Online that there was a "mad dash" to the hairdresser the day before the shooting of the pilot episode because Cumberbatch was sporting green locks.
According to Claire, Freeman hated the moustache and 10 styles were tried out before Freeman approved one. Claire revealed that Freeman shaved off the moustache earlier than he was supposed to in the script.
Claire also revealed that 'guy-liner' was used to show the "cold stare" of psychopath Jim Moriarty (Andrew Scott). In the premiere episode of "Sherlock" Season 3, Dr Watson (Martin Freeman) was seen sporting a moustache.
The premiere episode also showed a Serbian torturing Sherlock before brother Mycroft arrived to save him. The Serbian was seen with a tattoo, and according to Claire, the tattoo on the Siberian torturer is "totally authentic -- a researcher spent a whole day in the library researching one."
In the Season 3 finale, "His Law Vow," Sherlock was shown as a drug-addict. Claire revealed to Mirror Online that it was "hard work" to make Sherlock look like a drug-addict. However, the really hot weather during the shooting made it easier, as Cumberbatch developed a sweaty sheen.
The production of "Sherlock" Season 4 has yet to begin because of Cumberbatch and Freeman's busy acting schedules. There are speculations that Season 4 is unlikely to premiere before 2016. Mark Gatiss and Stephen Moffat, creators of "Sherlock," have said that they have mapped out Season 4 and Season 5 and the filming of the seasons depend on the availability of the actors.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports