Sherlock Juicy Titbits: Benedict Cumberbatch Hair Turn Green, Martin Freeman Hates Moustache
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 18, 2014 7:53 PM EST
Benedict Cumberbatch's hair reportedly turned green after he dyed his locks black to portray the role of Sherlock Holmes in BBC's hugely popular series "Sherlock." They turned green just before the filming of the pilot episode, according to Claire Pritchard-Jones, the make-up artist of "Sherlock." She also revealed that Freeman did not like his moustache look in Season 3.
Actor Benedict Cumberbatch arrives for a dinner to celebrate the work of The Royal Marsden hosted by Britain Prince William at Windsor Castle, in Windsor, May 13, 2014.
The make-up artist revealed to Mirror Online that there was a "mad dash" to the hairdresser the day before the shooting of the pilot episode because Cumberbatch was sporting green locks.
According to Claire, Freeman hated the moustache and 10 styles were tried out before Freeman approved one. Claire revealed that Freeman shaved off the moustache earlier than he was supposed to in the script.
Claire also revealed that 'guy-liner' was used to show the "cold stare" of psychopath Jim Moriarty (Andrew Scott). In the premiere episode of "Sherlock" Season 3, Dr Watson (Martin Freeman) was seen sporting a moustache.
The premiere episode also showed a Serbian torturing Sherlock before brother Mycroft arrived to save him. The Serbian was seen with a tattoo, and according to Claire, the tattoo on the Siberian torturer is "totally authentic -- a researcher spent a whole day in the library researching one."
In the Season 3 finale, "His Law Vow," Sherlock was shown as a drug-addict. Claire revealed to Mirror Online that it was "hard work" to make Sherlock look like a drug-addict. However, the really hot weather during the shooting made it easier, as Cumberbatch developed a sweaty sheen.
The production of "Sherlock" Season 4 has yet to begin because of Cumberbatch and Freeman's busy acting schedules. There are speculations that Season 4 is unlikely to premiere before 2016. Mark Gatiss and Stephen Moffat, creators of "Sherlock," have said that they have mapped out Season 4 and Season 5 and the filming of the seasons depend on the availability of the actors.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build