Sherlock Juicy Titbits: Benedict Cumberbatch Hair Turn Green, Martin Freeman Hates Moustache
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 18, 2014 7:53 PM EST
Benedict Cumberbatch's hair reportedly turned green after he dyed his locks black to portray the role of Sherlock Holmes in BBC's hugely popular series "Sherlock." They turned green just before the filming of the pilot episode, according to Claire Pritchard-Jones, the make-up artist of "Sherlock." She also revealed that Freeman did not like his moustache look in Season 3.
Actor Benedict Cumberbatch arrives for a dinner to celebrate the work of The Royal Marsden hosted by Britain Prince William at Windsor Castle, in Windsor, May 13, 2014.
The make-up artist revealed to Mirror Online that there was a "mad dash" to the hairdresser the day before the shooting of the pilot episode because Cumberbatch was sporting green locks.
According to Claire, Freeman hated the moustache and 10 styles were tried out before Freeman approved one. Claire revealed that Freeman shaved off the moustache earlier than he was supposed to in the script.
Claire also revealed that 'guy-liner' was used to show the "cold stare" of psychopath Jim Moriarty (Andrew Scott). In the premiere episode of "Sherlock" Season 3, Dr Watson (Martin Freeman) was seen sporting a moustache.
The premiere episode also showed a Serbian torturing Sherlock before brother Mycroft arrived to save him. The Serbian was seen with a tattoo, and according to Claire, the tattoo on the Siberian torturer is "totally authentic -- a researcher spent a whole day in the library researching one."
In the Season 3 finale, "His Law Vow," Sherlock was shown as a drug-addict. Claire revealed to Mirror Online that it was "hard work" to make Sherlock look like a drug-addict. However, the really hot weather during the shooting made it easier, as Cumberbatch developed a sweaty sheen.
The production of "Sherlock" Season 4 has yet to begin because of Cumberbatch and Freeman's busy acting schedules. There are speculations that Season 4 is unlikely to premiere before 2016. Mark Gatiss and Stephen Moffat, creators of "Sherlock," have said that they have mapped out Season 4 and Season 5 and the filming of the seasons depend on the availability of the actors.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best