'Transformers 4: Age of Extinction' Plot Spoilers: Mark Wahlberg to Protect Daughter Amidst Love for Transformers
By Sonalee singh | June 18, 2014 7:20 PM EST
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" is one of the much awaited movies of the coming season. The film stars Mark Wahlberg in the lead and would hit cinemas by June 27. For those who want to know more about the film, here are some behind-the-scenes details.
Actor Mark Wahlberg and his wife Rhea Durham pose backstage with his Generation Award at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
Mark plays the role of Cade Yeager in the film and the first footage behind the scenes has been released. In the footage, the actor could be seen saying that in the film his character would be seen balancing his love for his daughter and transformers.
"My daughter is getting a little frustrated with me pursuing my dream of being an inventor," Mark Wahlberg said about his character in the clip. "So when we come across the truck, her first instinct is just to get rid of this thing. And nobody understands the magnitude of the ramifications of what the got will do to anybody who is holding onto a Transformer."
Moreover, the producer of the film Lorenzo di Bonaventura further says that: "It gives him a great reason to stand up and be a hero, to protect his little girl."
Mark's character would not get anything peacefully and would have to fight to protect his daughter.
"There's no trying to settle things peacefully, so I have to do everything to protect my daughter," Mark added in the footage.
Meanwhile, "Transformers 4" may have a different flavor as compared to another films. In his recent interview, director Michael Bay suggested that he is trying to do a lot of new things in the film.
"We're trying to do a lot of different stuff. This is not as different, but there's a really funny character, this guy who's fighting in here, he's called Hound. He drips bullets. He's literally got every gun known to mankind. He's grizzled. He'll fight when you tell him to fight, and he's fighting down to the very, very, very last round of every gun, all the way down to a little Swiss Army knife He's a really funny character. The robots on this one have more character," said Bay to Peter Sciretta Slash Film.
"Transformer: Age of Extinction" includes Nicola Peltz, Mark Wahlberg, Jack Reynor and Kelsey Grammer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]