Victoria Beckham Talks about Her Sense of Humour, Says She Isn't Scared of Failures
By nidhi tewari | June 18, 2014 7:14 PM EST
Victoria Beckham is a designer with a purpose. The wife to ex-soccer star David Beckham has revealed in her latest interview that her new designer collection is motivated from women empowerment and will work towards doing so. The 40-year-old successful designer has been chosen to appear on the cover page of Elle Singapore magazine and looks stylish and chic in a beige trench coat.
Former England soccer captain David Beckham holds his daughter Harper as he speaks to Vogue editor Anna Wintour while waiting for a presentation of the Victoria Beckham Spring/Summer 2014 collection during New York Fashion Week, September 8, 2013.
"I want to make a woman feel her best. I want to empower women," the 40-year-old said in the interview accompanying the magazine, mirror.co.uk is reporting. The former Spice girl also appears in various sensuous pictures inside the magazine where she is wearing clothes that do a lot to enhance her best features.
The Posh Spice, as she is usually called, acknowledged the fact that she has a great team of designers with her but revealed that she likes to take charge of things and likes to get very involved in her business.
"I just like to be very involved with every element of my business. And I have a great team of people that work with me," the mommy to four kids told the magazine, according to the Web site.
The sheer fact that her name is on her label of self-designed clothes makes Victoria very involved in the business and she says she does not want to hand that power to anyone else. Another surprising fact that Beckham revealed is that she is not scared of the failures in her business and treats it like a learning experience because she is not answerable to anyone but her.
"I'm not afraid. I think you can learn from everything. I don't ever think of the negatives, I think of the positives. I'm not competing with anybody else out there; I'm just competing with myself," Victoria revealed to the magazine.
"I never went into this to prove anything to anybody, other than myself. I think if you're too afraid of failure then you won't challenge yourself, then you won't move forward. I like to challenge myself," the successful business woman added.
Contrary to popular belief that Victoria never laughs and remains serious most of the time, the designer revealed that she actually has a good sense of humor.
"I like to take the Mickey out of myself. As much as I take what I do very seriously, I also want to have fun. I like to poke fun at myself... And I think that surprises people," Victoria added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS