Victoria Beckham Talks about Her Sense of Humour, Says She Isn't Scared of Failures
By nidhi tewari | June 18, 2014 7:14 PM EST
Victoria Beckham is a designer with a purpose. The wife to ex-soccer star David Beckham has revealed in her latest interview that her new designer collection is motivated from women empowerment and will work towards doing so. The 40-year-old successful designer has been chosen to appear on the cover page of Elle Singapore magazine and looks stylish and chic in a beige trench coat.
Former England soccer captain David Beckham holds his daughter Harper as he speaks to Vogue editor Anna Wintour while waiting for a presentation of the Victoria Beckham Spring/Summer 2014 collection during New York Fashion Week, September 8, 2013.
"I want to make a woman feel her best. I want to empower women," the 40-year-old said in the interview accompanying the magazine, mirror.co.uk is reporting. The former Spice girl also appears in various sensuous pictures inside the magazine where she is wearing clothes that do a lot to enhance her best features.
The Posh Spice, as she is usually called, acknowledged the fact that she has a great team of designers with her but revealed that she likes to take charge of things and likes to get very involved in her business.
"I just like to be very involved with every element of my business. And I have a great team of people that work with me," the mommy to four kids told the magazine, according to the Web site.
The sheer fact that her name is on her label of self-designed clothes makes Victoria very involved in the business and she says she does not want to hand that power to anyone else. Another surprising fact that Beckham revealed is that she is not scared of the failures in her business and treats it like a learning experience because she is not answerable to anyone but her.
"I'm not afraid. I think you can learn from everything. I don't ever think of the negatives, I think of the positives. I'm not competing with anybody else out there; I'm just competing with myself," Victoria revealed to the magazine.
"I never went into this to prove anything to anybody, other than myself. I think if you're too afraid of failure then you won't challenge yourself, then you won't move forward. I like to challenge myself," the successful business woman added.
Contrary to popular belief that Victoria never laughs and remains serious most of the time, the designer revealed that she actually has a good sense of humor.
"I like to take the Mickey out of myself. As much as I take what I do very seriously, I also want to have fun. I like to poke fun at myself... And I think that surprises people," Victoria added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast