New Billionaire Dr. Dre Hands in a 'Generous Tip', Waitress Stunned
By Annie Dee | June 18, 2014 5:45 PM EST
New Billionaire Dr. Dre has shared his blessings by giving a generous tip, making the waitress' jaw drop.
A man listens to Beats brand headphones on a street in New York, May 29, 2014. Apple Inc will buy Beats for about $3 billion and bring recording mogul Jimmy Iovine into its ranks, hoping to win points with the music industry and help it catch up in fast-growing music streaming. As expected, Beats co-founders Iovine and rapper Dr. Dre will join Apple as part of the acquisition of the music streaming and audio equipment company.
According to Radar Online, Dr. Dre, who recently earned $3 billion from Apple, tipped a waitress with $5,000 at the West Hollywood's Skybar inside the Mondrian Hotel.
Dr. Dre of Beats by Dre had gotten $3 billion when Apple acquired his company. The young mogul paid this good fortune by giving a waitress a generous tip after a night out in Los Angeles. Radar Online reported the waitress was stunned.
Considering the owner of Beats by Dr. Dre's one good fortune, he can afford to change a waitress life by giving generous tip, Mail Online UK cited.
A few weeks from Apple's acquisition of the company, Beats by Dre started to offer new models for its 2014 product lineup. Included in this lineup is the Powerbeats 2,which is the first of its kind. The model is the first wireless sports earphones from the company. Making it highly sought after is that it was created out of collaboration with Miami Heat's LeBron James.
CNET noted it the first ever Bluetooth earphones from the company. Powerbeats 2 was created with the help of LeBron James. This collaboration was deemed a good partnership after the original wired Powerbeats from the company modeled by LeBron James enjoyed huge market success. The unforgettable ad for the earphones played a significant role.
Radar Online compared this mogul's action against that of another mogul, Kourtney Kardashian but cannot be amazed by the difference. It has recently been reported by the same site that Kourtney failed to tip a server after eating a meal at a local establishment at the Hamptons, the new area which Kourtney and Khloe Kardashian decided to "take" for their E! reality show.
"Local servers are hard-working people who support their families and live on tips," a server at the establishment, The Driver's Seat complained.
The cash-flush family already raised a lot of eyebrows after a local landlord having a next-door eatery was convinced to let them operate DASH boutique without asking for rent for the whole summer.
"They didn't want to pay the $30,000 to $60,000 rent charged at most Hamptons stores," a source shared, "so they agreed to shoot episodes of the show in the restaurant."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report