‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Couple Pulls Creative, Charitable Stunt in Public
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 18, 2014 5:41 PM EST
The "Amazing Spider-Man" stars, Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone established a creative way to raise charitable awareness to people and to also take advantage of the paparazzi that surrounded them.
Actors Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield pose for photographs at the world premiere of The Amazing Spiderman 2 in central London, April 10, 2014. REUTERS
Instead of using social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, the real-life couple found a new way to send a message to the public. They walked in the streets of New York while they covered half of their faces with a medium-sized flashcards. In Emma's, it said: "Good Morning! We were eating and we saw a group of guys with cameras outside. And so we thought, let's try this again. We don't need the attention, but these wonderful organizations do:" then it was closed with an arrow pointing to Andrew's flashcard: "www.youthmentoring.org, www.autismspeaks.org (and don't forget) www.wwo.org, www.gildaclubnyc.org. Here's to stuff that matters. Have a great day!"
This stunt started when the two had their breakfast in a café in New York. The paparazzi then flocked outside to take their snap shots but instead of shrugging them off, they seized the opportunity to create a profound awareness to the people. And this was not the first time they did this. In September 2013, they pulled similar stunt in New York. On the other hand, their faces was not as covered as the recent one. Emma's flashcard was: "WE just found out that there are paparazzi outside the restaurant we were eating in. So, why not take this." It was enclosed with an arrow, also pointing to Andrew's that said: "Opportunity to bring attention that need and deserve it? www.wwo.org, www.gildaclubnyc.org. Have a great day!"
Their recent charitable stunt revealed Emma wearing big pair of shades, gray tank top, black blazer, a black skirt, and a gray hat whereas Andrew was sporting gray shirt, a teal pants, and a beige newsboy hat.
The romantic duo both starred in "Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2," where Andrew played Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Emma portrayed Gwen Stacey. The first installment grossed over $757 million and the second one earning over $701 million. Sadly, Emma Stone would no longer appear in the third installment of the movie as her character died in the film.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists