‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ Couple Pulls Creative, Charitable Stunt in Public
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 18, 2014 5:41 PM EST
The "Amazing Spider-Man" stars, Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone established a creative way to raise charitable awareness to people and to also take advantage of the paparazzi that surrounded them.
Actors Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield pose for photographs at the world premiere of The Amazing Spiderman 2 in central London, April 10, 2014. REUTERS
Instead of using social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, the real-life couple found a new way to send a message to the public. They walked in the streets of New York while they covered half of their faces with a medium-sized flashcards. In Emma's, it said: "Good Morning! We were eating and we saw a group of guys with cameras outside. And so we thought, let's try this again. We don't need the attention, but these wonderful organizations do:" then it was closed with an arrow pointing to Andrew's flashcard: "www.youthmentoring.org, www.autismspeaks.org (and don't forget) www.wwo.org, www.gildaclubnyc.org. Here's to stuff that matters. Have a great day!"
This stunt started when the two had their breakfast in a café in New York. The paparazzi then flocked outside to take their snap shots but instead of shrugging them off, they seized the opportunity to create a profound awareness to the people. And this was not the first time they did this. In September 2013, they pulled similar stunt in New York. On the other hand, their faces was not as covered as the recent one. Emma's flashcard was: "WE just found out that there are paparazzi outside the restaurant we were eating in. So, why not take this." It was enclosed with an arrow, also pointing to Andrew's that said: "Opportunity to bring attention that need and deserve it? www.wwo.org, www.gildaclubnyc.org. Have a great day!"
Their recent charitable stunt revealed Emma wearing big pair of shades, gray tank top, black blazer, a black skirt, and a gray hat whereas Andrew was sporting gray shirt, a teal pants, and a beige newsboy hat.
The romantic duo both starred in "Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2," where Andrew played Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Emma portrayed Gwen Stacey. The first installment grossed over $757 million and the second one earning over $701 million. Sadly, Emma Stone would no longer appear in the third installment of the movie as her character died in the film.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’