Robert Pattinson on Jennifer Lawrence: ‘She’s Absolutely Incredible’
By Anne Lu | June 18, 2014 5:19 PM EST
Robert Pattinson finds Jennifer Lawrence “amazing.” The former “Twilight” hunk was full of praises for the “Hunger Games” star, saying she simply “glows.”
Cast member Robert Pattinson poses during a photocall for the film "Maps to the Stars" in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 19, 2014.
In an interview with the Daily Beast, the 28-year-old English actor expressed his admiration for Lawrence, who, like him, is a product of young-adult films.
“She’s amazing. She’s absolutely incredible,” Pattinson said when asked what she thought of the 23-year-old Academy Award winner.
While Pattinson is clearly in awe of Lawrence, he doesn’t think that he should emulate her steps in becoming a successful adult actor.
“But also we’re different types of people,” he was quick to point out. “She seems like she’s super confident – and I don’t have the kind of confidence. She glows. I think you can fit that into quite a few different areas. Whereas I’ve got a kind of sneak-through-the-cracks style.”
Pattinson also cleared up reports that he was set to take Harrison Ford’s iconic roles and star as Indiana Jones and Han Solo in solo film projects.
“Oh no. I think all of these things are made up so I get tons of bad press,” he said, explaining that when such stories are passed around, people would not be pleased that he was chosen for the roles.
Lawrence hasn’t returned Pattinson’s compliments yet, but she had a thing or two to say about his ex-girlfriend Kristen Stewart.
Stewart is co-starring with Lawrence’s boyfriend Nicholas Hoult in the sci-fi romance “Equals,” and rumours claimed that Lawrence was jealous of their closeness.
“There was something in a magazine, and I was like, ‘Oh, my God, that’s hilarious,’ because Kristen and I are friends,” she told Marie Claire magazine.
“I actually texted her e a picture of it and was like, “Just so you know, this is absolutely true.’”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- New Zealand Medicine Products Sector To Get Own Regulator::Drops Plan For A Joint Regulator With Australia
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills