‘Expendables 3’ Trailer Reveales Additional Action Stars
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 18, 2014 5:12 PM EST
The action-packed, star-studded movie, "Expendables 3" released its newest trailer and it revealed a brand new plot with Mel Gibson playing an enormous part in it. And it was not just the "Braveheart" hero who would make a grand comeback in the action scene.
Sylvester Stallone has been hit with another tragedy.
Even in the opening of the trailer, which spanned over two minutes, viewers already got a taste of a real "Expendables" flavor: helicopters chasing a steel-hard train; bullets flying around like firecrackers; massive explosion after an equally massive clash; and to top it all, a new action hero joined the team. This time, Sylvester Stallone who played the role of Barney Ross, the leader of the team, welcomed the star of "Blade" film series, Wesley Snipes. "No better place to be," he said in the trailer after getting out of the prison train that carried him.
But the real deal centred on the arrival of Mel Gibson in this film. He revealed that he created the "Expendables" team alongside Stallone, only that their fallout caused the former, playing as Conrad Stonebanks, to pull out from it. "What are you gonna do?" asked Arnold Schwarzenegger (Trench Mauser) in his "Terminator"-like accent. And Sylvester's answer? "Reload."
But the surprise did not stop there. Equally famous action stars, Antonio Banderas (Galgo) and Harrison Ford (Max Drummer) would also join the team of fist-fighting, muscular men. But their real contribution in the film was not yet revealed in the trailer, except that they were allies of the team. On the other hand, other actors would reprise their roles: Jason Statham (Lee Christmas); Jet Li (Yin Yang); Dolph Lundgren (Gunner Jensen); Randy Couture (Toll Road); and Terry Crews (Hale Caesar).
The "Expendables" series first thrilled the action fans in 2010. It consisted of actors popular for action movies in the 80s and early 2000s. It brought back hardcore scenes that focused on action sequence like fist fights, explosions, usage of guns but also inserted humor with Terry Crews delivering the punchlines and acting as the comic relief among the group. Then "Expendables 2" followed it with Chuck Norris, Liam Hemsworth, and Jean-Claude Van Damme joining them.
"Expendables 3" will hit the screen on August 15.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display