Apple Health Kit: An Overview of its Health Features
By Afza Fathima | June 18, 2014 4:37 PM EST
With health becoming an important aspect in one's life, on June 2, Apple announced its venture into the Health and Wellness industry. It launched a Health App as well as a cloud platform called HealthKit to share all information of the Health App in iPhones and iPads. In the Mac products, Apple decided to introduce the HealthBook.
Health issues are going from bad to worse and just at the right time, Apple decides to venture into it. With Apple being a popular brand and many people owning iPhones, iPads and Macbooks, and health being a priority for all, Apple expects a lot of users for this App as one can record their medical information as well as receive advice from doctors, says technologyreview.com.
The application will involve collecting the user's information on body metrics like blood pressure, heart rate, statistics on diet, exercise, calories burnt, cholesterol, sleep patterns, weight, lab results, blood alcohol content, body temperature, oxygen saturation, RR interval, and blood sugar to name a few. In case of the user of the application slipping from being healthy, the app sends a notification to the user's doctor.
The Health App will issue an emergency card called Medical ID in which the user feeds in information like medical conditions, medical notes, allergies, reactions and medications. This information can be accessed through the lock screen as well.
Apple has been working with doctors at Mayo Clinic as well as with a huge number of hospitals to gather information on how best can health features be incorporated into the application as well as how this information can be made available to the hospital information system.
Now, one has to wait and watch if this addition to the already wide range of applications in the App Store will lead to a healthier world.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Back To Herself After Struggling With Hyperemesis Gravidarum
- Ebola Vaccine: Johnson & Johnson Confident Of Human Trials In January And Market Delivery in May Next Year
- 12 Terrifyingly Healthy Halloween Treats
- New York Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola
- ‘Death Sentence’ For 50,000 Australians With The Refusal Of Costly Hep C Treatment
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related