Gina Carano Not Ready To Fight in the UFC; Dana White Insists Negotiations Underway
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 18, 2014 4:22 PM EST
A recent report say that Gina Carano isn't ready to fight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) just yet.
Carano's trainer Laercio Fernandes told MMA Fighting that she may be training and working out but it doesn't mean that she's eager to step into the octagon ring. Fernandes said Carano's plate is full, which is why a career in the UFC is not a top priority for her.
Cast member Gina Carano poses as she arrives for the screening of the movie "Haywire" at the 62nd Berlinale International Film Festival in Berlin February 15, 2012.
"She's doing great," said Fernandes. "She trains well, but she has a lot of things to do, like interviews and movies," he added.
Fernandes said that he's not putting any pressure on Carano. He said that Carano is the only one who can really decide if she wants to fight or not. He said that Carano still hasn't lost her passion for the mixed martial arts sports, which is why she continues to train and not because she's making a comeback. Carano hasn't fought in nearly five years.
Fernandes also played down the rumour about Carano joining the UFC and said that "nothing has been set."
According to Fernandes, Carano still got what it takes to compete in professional MMA, even in jiu-jitsu or Muay Thai. She only need to stay "focused," and setup a good team. Fernandes further stated that the topic of a UFC career was never brought up in his conversations with Carano. "The only thing I told her was, 'If you don't want to get in the UFC, no problem, we'll continue training.'"
Meanwhile, UFC president Dana White continues to avow that the UFC management is having discussions with Carano and her legal team, MMAmania reported. White is still creeping to reach a deal with Carano.
"Her lawyers and our lawyers are talking," said White during the UFC 174 media scrum. "I mean this guy is a Hollywood lawyer and these guys are always a pain in the ass to deal with," White added.
"The shit that he calls back and says every day is literally comical."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage