Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker 'Welcomes' Rumoured Development Involving Madrid Hitman
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 18, 2014 3:47 PM EST
Chelsea striker Fernando Torres welcomes the development involving Atletico Madrid hitman Diego Costa, as the latter is rumoured to have already sealed a deal that will see him move to west London in the upcoming transfer window.
“People have been saying for some time that Chelsea have signed a striker, and if it's Diego, then it's very welcome." Fernando Torres on Diego Costa
The Brazil-born Spanish international has had a phenomenal 2013/14 season with the Rojiblancos, helping them win the La Liga crown, as well as clinch second-place in the Champions League, with his stat line of 36 goals and 7 assists in 51 appearances.
"People have been saying for some time that Chelsea have signed a striker, and if it's Diego, then it's very welcome," said Torres after suffering a 5-1 defeat in the hands of Netherlands.
"The level of competition at big clubs should always be very high."
The 25-year-old former Valladolid man was a non-factor in Spain's recent thrashing, managing only two shots at goal, and was subbed at the 62nd minute by soon-to-be-teammate Torres.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage