Terminator: Genesis – Arnold Hints at the Plot of the Movie
By Sachin Trivedi | June 18, 2014 3:21 PM EST
Arnold will be back in "Terminator" 5: Genesis and this time there will be new twists to the story. Arnold hints at the plot details of his upcoming movie. The movie will be released in 2015 but the exact release date for Australia is still awaited.
Speaking to MTV Arnold Schwarzenegger said that it was more difficult to do action flicks now compared to when the actor was on his 30s or 40s. He also confirmed that that there will be a younger T-800 - a robot from the future sent by Skynet, a self aware artificial intelligence, to kill the leader of the human resistance movement and his mother.
"Terminator: Genesis" will also feature an older reprogrammed T-800 which fights against Skynet. But there could be twists in the movie. The time travel element in the movie allows the producers a lot of room for maneuvering and the script may not be heavily bound to follow the story line of the original movies.
In the original "Terminator" movies the main thrust was to try to stop Skynet from becoming operational and trying to stop the nuclear war referred to in the movies as "Judgement Day." Each time Arnold was sent back in time to either kill or save John Connor, the leader of the human resistance.
In the movie "Terminator: Rise of the Machines" it was revealed that John Connor was killed by the T-850 and was later captured and reprogrammed by John's wife Kate Brewster. Kate becomes the new leader of the resistance movement and sends the reprogrammed T-850 back in time to stop the event from happening. The new movie could explore these events in more detail. Movie buffs have so far not seen these events in an elaborate setting.
The cast of "Terminator: Genesis" includes Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese, Aaron V. Williamson as T-800, Jason Clarke as John Connor, Courtney B. Vance as Myles Dyson, Dayo Okeniyi as Danny Dyson, Michael Gladis as Lieutenant Matias, Teri Wyble as Mariam, Bryant Prince as the young Kyle Reese and Gregory Alan Williams as detective Harding.
"Terminator" 5: Genesis will be released on June 26, 2015 in the UK and on July 1, 2015 in the U.S. The release date in Australia and many of the other countries is still awaited. Arnold Schwarzenegger fans are excited to see the actor once again in the iconic role.
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Finale - What The Show Did Not Tell You [Spoilers] [Read]
'Penny Dreadful' TV Series Episode 6 Recap and Spoilers [Read]
Box Office Report: '22 Jump Street' and 'How to Train Your Dragon' Top the Charts [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS