Terminator: Genesis – Arnold Hints at the Plot of the Movie
By Sachin Trivedi | June 18, 2014 3:21 PM EST
Arnold will be back in "Terminator" 5: Genesis and this time there will be new twists to the story. Arnold hints at the plot details of his upcoming movie. The movie will be released in 2015 but the exact release date for Australia is still awaited.
Speaking to MTV Arnold Schwarzenegger said that it was more difficult to do action flicks now compared to when the actor was on his 30s or 40s. He also confirmed that that there will be a younger T-800 - a robot from the future sent by Skynet, a self aware artificial intelligence, to kill the leader of the human resistance movement and his mother.
"Terminator: Genesis" will also feature an older reprogrammed T-800 which fights against Skynet. But there could be twists in the movie. The time travel element in the movie allows the producers a lot of room for maneuvering and the script may not be heavily bound to follow the story line of the original movies.
In the original "Terminator" movies the main thrust was to try to stop Skynet from becoming operational and trying to stop the nuclear war referred to in the movies as "Judgement Day." Each time Arnold was sent back in time to either kill or save John Connor, the leader of the human resistance.
In the movie "Terminator: Rise of the Machines" it was revealed that John Connor was killed by the T-850 and was later captured and reprogrammed by John's wife Kate Brewster. Kate becomes the new leader of the resistance movement and sends the reprogrammed T-850 back in time to stop the event from happening. The new movie could explore these events in more detail. Movie buffs have so far not seen these events in an elaborate setting.
The cast of "Terminator: Genesis" includes Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese, Aaron V. Williamson as T-800, Jason Clarke as John Connor, Courtney B. Vance as Myles Dyson, Dayo Okeniyi as Danny Dyson, Michael Gladis as Lieutenant Matias, Teri Wyble as Mariam, Bryant Prince as the young Kyle Reese and Gregory Alan Williams as detective Harding.
"Terminator" 5: Genesis will be released on June 26, 2015 in the UK and on July 1, 2015 in the U.S. The release date in Australia and many of the other countries is still awaited. Arnold Schwarzenegger fans are excited to see the actor once again in the iconic role.
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Finale - What The Show Did Not Tell You [Spoilers] [Read]
'Penny Dreadful' TV Series Episode 6 Recap and Spoilers [Read]
Box Office Report: '22 Jump Street' and 'How to Train Your Dragon' Top the Charts [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build