Android 4.4.3 Problems Update: Battery Drain, Wi-Fi Signal Loss, Lag and Crashes
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 18, 2014 3:03 PM EST
REUTERS/David W Cerny/Files
A Google logo is reflected on the screen of a Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone in this file photo illustration taken in Prague January 31, 2014. Google Inc's GOOGL.O Internet business revenue grew 19 percent in the first quarter, as its expanding volume of online ads offset declining prices, April 16, 2014.
This Android 4.4.3 update is an incremental update with a series of bug fixes, designed to fix problems like camera issues, battery drain, bugs for the Nexus 5, and additional features for the Motorola devices. There is a list of reported problems and can be seen in the Android Open Source Project issue tracker and there are already some reports of Android 4.4.3 update problems.
Some users who experienced the problem shared their issues ranging from problems with the dialer crashing for the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 to crashing issues for the Moto X. Some reports said that the Nexus 4 is having random reboot bug, issues with Wi-Fi failing to connect and auto-brightness working improperly. The Nexus 10 and Nexus 7 are also experiencing a continuation of the battery drain bug with an additional issue of not all notifications showing up correctly.
It seems like the Nexus devices are the main one's having serious problems since the Android 4.4.3 update, unluckily the camera is also an issue.
The Nexus 5 was reported to have issues such as lag in the dialer app, difficulty in Wi-Fi connection and problems in apps like Gmail, Google Play Store and the GPS. The Nexus 7 have reported issues with the Google Play Music and the VPN connection.
Thus far, things are hard to verify as some users of Nexus 5 said that they are not experiencing any problems with the Android 4.4.3 update. Their devices are working properly, with no evidence of increased battery drain and problems connecting to Wi-Fi. Nonetheless, hopefully, Google will fix the problem certain users have been experiencing from the Android 4.4.3 update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast