Android 4.4.3 Problems Update: Battery Drain, Wi-Fi Signal Loss, Lag and Crashes
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 18, 2014 3:03 PM EST
REUTERS/David W Cerny/Files
A Google logo is reflected on the screen of a Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone in this file photo illustration taken in Prague January 31, 2014. Google Inc's GOOGL.O Internet business revenue grew 19 percent in the first quarter, as its expanding volume of online ads offset declining prices, April 16, 2014.
This Android 4.4.3 update is an incremental update with a series of bug fixes, designed to fix problems like camera issues, battery drain, bugs for the Nexus 5, and additional features for the Motorola devices. There is a list of reported problems and can be seen in the Android Open Source Project issue tracker and there are already some reports of Android 4.4.3 update problems.
Some users who experienced the problem shared their issues ranging from problems with the dialer crashing for the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 to crashing issues for the Moto X. Some reports said that the Nexus 4 is having random reboot bug, issues with Wi-Fi failing to connect and auto-brightness working improperly. The Nexus 10 and Nexus 7 are also experiencing a continuation of the battery drain bug with an additional issue of not all notifications showing up correctly.
It seems like the Nexus devices are the main one's having serious problems since the Android 4.4.3 update, unluckily the camera is also an issue.
The Nexus 5 was reported to have issues such as lag in the dialer app, difficulty in Wi-Fi connection and problems in apps like Gmail, Google Play Store and the GPS. The Nexus 7 have reported issues with the Google Play Music and the VPN connection.
Thus far, things are hard to verify as some users of Nexus 5 said that they are not experiencing any problems with the Android 4.4.3 update. Their devices are working properly, with no evidence of increased battery drain and problems connecting to Wi-Fi. Nonetheless, hopefully, Google will fix the problem certain users have been experiencing from the Android 4.4.3 update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family