Game of Thrones (GOT) Season 5 Airdate and Spoilers: Things to Expect, Story, Cast and Characters
By jaskiran kaur | June 18, 2014 2:08 PM EST
Fans bid goodbye to "Game of Thrones" Season 4 just a few days ago and they are already pining for Season 5. Season 4 finale saw the end of some major characters including Tywin Lannister, Shae and The Hound. Fans are now anxious about what happens in "GOT" Season 5 and when it returns to the TV screens. Here are few things that are known about the next installment of the hit HBO series and its possible air date. Read on to find out more details. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
Cast member Peter Dinklage arrives for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The blood-filled finale of the fourth season of HBO's fantasy series "Game of Thrones" was watched by 7.1 million viewers, the network said on Monday, topping the 5.4 million people who watched last season's closing episode. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson/Files
This article contains potential spoilers from "Game of Thrones" (GOT) Season 5. Read only if you wish to learn more about it.
Fantasy drama based on George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire," has at least two more seasons after being renewed for Season 5 and Season 6 in April, 2014. Continuing their work as executive producers, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are expected to produce a season with 10 episodes.
Storyline: Next installment is said to be including material from fourth and fifth novel of "A Song of Ice and Fire" book series, "A Feast for Crows" and "A Dance with Dragons."
But storyline of the fifth season may deviate that of the George R.R. Martin's original novels.
"We have to make a show that succeeds on its own terms, and sometimes that means veering away from the books," told to The Hollywood Reporter.
Fans can expect to see the development of the storylines that were started in the Season 4 finale and the ones that ended with cliffhangers. Dorne and King's Landing are expected to be the focus of the next "GOT" season along with storylines revolving around Cersei, Tyrion and Arya's new pursuit,
In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Director Alex Graves revealed that Daenerys life is "headed for a rocky road in" Season 5.
The director revealed after all that happened with her, she is now alone.
"She is in a very, very dark place that's going to lead into next year," disclosed the director.
Fans can also expect to find answers to their questions. Where is Tyrion headed to? Where is Drogon? What happens to Sansa? Myrcella's future after Oberyn's death and Stannis Baratheon's plans are some of the burning questions fans seek answers for.
New Location: Besides the lands of Croatia, Northern Ireland and Iceland, "Game of Thrones" Season 5 will explore a new European country. Crew and cast will head to Spain in search of Dorne.
Twelve New Characters: Casting for season 5 is underway. As revealed by WhatCulture, "GOT" Season 5 will have 12 new characters namely Prince Doran Martell, Prince Trystane Martell, Areo Hotah, Obara Sand, Nymeria Sand, Tyene Sand (Sand Snakes bastard daughters), High Sparrow, Septa Unella, Maggy the Frog, Lollys Stokeworth, Yezzan and the Waif.
The Returning Cast: Mostly all the characters who survived season 4 will make a return including Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister, Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister, Joe Dempsie as Gendry, Kit Harington as Jon Snow, Michiel Huisman as Daario Naharis, Maisie Williams as Arya Stark and more. Also, buzz is Princess Myrcella Baratheon will be re-casted.
"Game of Thrones" (GOT) Season 5 Airdate/ Premiere: Kit Harington told ABC that they will start filming Season 5 in July, 2014. According to Bustle, fans can expect the premiere of "Game of Thrones" Season 5 sometime at the end of March or early April in the year 2015. Also, looking at the airdate pattern of last few seasons, fans can expect spring premiere which means waiting for at least 10 more months.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales