Guardians of the Galaxy: New Action-Packed Trailer Reveals More Plot Details
By Sachin Trivedi | June 18, 2014 2:06 PM EST
Viewers got a better glimpse of the main villain of the upcoming movie "Guardians of the Galaxy." The new trailer gives the viewers more hints about the plot of the movie and the action and humour that can be expected.
The main plot of "Guardians of the Galaxy" is about an orb, which gets stolen by a man called Peter Quill. He is chased around the galaxy by the main villain, Ronan the Accuser. Peter then assembles a group of misfits in order to save himself and the galaxy from the coming evil.
The new trailer reveals that Peter and his group are the last hope of the galaxy to stop the rising threat from Ronan the Accuser and his kind. Peter, also known as Star-Lord, is seen leaving Earth when he was only a kid to later become a master thief of the galaxy. Circumstances force Peter, Gamora, Rocket Raccoon, Drax the Destroyer and Groot to join forces.
The trailer shows stunning visuals from the movie. Viewers can expect to see a lot of action in the movie, especially from Drax the Destroyer. Drax is seen facing off a formidable enemy with just two knives in his hands.
But "Guardians of the Galaxy" is not all about action. There is a lot of scope for humour as well. The biggest alien super hero in the movie is Groot. The alien who looks like a big walking tree does not seem to say much but is seen giving a flower to a little girl.
Perhaps the biggest surprise for the viewers in "Guardians of the Galaxy" is the voice and temperament of Rocket Raccoon. Although he is the smallest of the lot, his sense of humour and love for guns and explosives instantly make him stand out from the crowd.
The role of Peter Quill is played by Chris Pratt, Gamora is played by Zoe Saldana, Drax the Destroyer is played by Dave Bautista, Rocket Raccoon is voiced by Bradley Cooper and Groot is voiced by Vin Diesel. The role of the main villain, Ronan the Accuser, is played by Lee Pace.
"Guardians of the Galaxy" will be released on Aug 7, 2014 in Australia, on Aug 1 in the U.S. and Canada and on July 31 in the UK. The movie is one of the highly anticipated movies in 2014 and expectations are running high among the fans.
(Credit: YouTube/Marvel UK)
Game of Thrones Season 4 Finale—What The Show Did Not Tell You [Spoilers] [Read]
Penny Dreadful TV Series Episode 6 Recap and Spoilers [Read]
Box Office Report: 22 Jump Street and How to Train Your Dragon Top the Charts [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS