LG Optimus G Android 4.4.2 KitKat Confirmed by SFR France Via Screenshot; Rollout Scheduled This Month
By Ryan Inoyori | June 18, 2014 2:02 PM EST
LG Optimus G users should soon embrace the goodies of Android 4.4.2 KitKat after SFR France confirmed the rollout within the month, a screenshot sample and similar changes with LG G2.
LG Optimus G Android 4.4.2 KitKat
French network carrier SFR is now ready with the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for the LG Optimus G after posting the screenshot showing the device running the new software. SFR is currently testing the firmware upgrade and will be ready for rollout this month.
Based on the official screenshot, the LG Optimus G will receive the Android 4.4.2 KitKat with firmware build version KOT49I.E97520a and basically contains similar improvements found on the LG G2 smartphone.
Features and Changes
LG G2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Change Log from SFR France.
1. Greater Speed: Significant increase in speed which can run applications up to 17 per cent faster than before. Browsing with Chrome is also affected by increase in performance speed.
2. Maximising Battery: Using the music player is more power efficient than the previous firmware. Addition of the new battery saving mode on the Location Services menu to let users control the GPS accuracy mode to save more power.
3. Practical Feature: Addition of the new Cloud Printing service using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to any compatible ePrinters from HP and Google.
4. Immersive Mode: New feature that improves reading and video playback viewing by putting the screen into full screen mode.
5. Multitasking: Overall improvements to multitasking of applications.
6. Other Changes: Speech Recognition, improved management of contacts, Bluetooth MAP compatibility for car communication, USB default connection is MTP or media mode, NFC HCE function has been enabled.
Android KitKat Features from Google
1. Ok Google feature on Google Now for voice controls.
2. New full album art lock screen mode.
3. Optional choice of default messaging app.
4. Emoji icons included.
5. Google Drive and QuickOffice integration.
6. Chromecast support
7. Closed captioning and subtitles.
8. Android Device Manager to lock and wipe a lost device.
9. Easy switching between home screen replacements apps.
10. Improved security using a hardened Security-Enhanced Linux.
11. Improvements on the touch screen responsiveness.
SFR France simply confirmed the month of the Android 4.4.2 KitKat rollout for LG Optimus G but not the specific date yet. Users should check the Software Update in the Settings Menu every now and then for the update is only around the corner.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation