LG Optimus G Android 4.4.2 KitKat Confirmed by SFR France Via Screenshot; Rollout Scheduled This Month
By Ryan Inoyori | June 18, 2014 2:02 PM EST
LG Optimus G users should soon embrace the goodies of Android 4.4.2 KitKat after SFR France confirmed the rollout within the month, a screenshot sample and similar changes with LG G2.
LG Optimus G Android 4.4.2 KitKat
French network carrier SFR is now ready with the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for the LG Optimus G after posting the screenshot showing the device running the new software. SFR is currently testing the firmware upgrade and will be ready for rollout this month.
Based on the official screenshot, the LG Optimus G will receive the Android 4.4.2 KitKat with firmware build version KOT49I.E97520a and basically contains similar improvements found on the LG G2 smartphone.
Features and Changes
LG G2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Change Log from SFR France.
1. Greater Speed: Significant increase in speed which can run applications up to 17 per cent faster than before. Browsing with Chrome is also affected by increase in performance speed.
2. Maximising Battery: Using the music player is more power efficient than the previous firmware. Addition of the new battery saving mode on the Location Services menu to let users control the GPS accuracy mode to save more power.
3. Practical Feature: Addition of the new Cloud Printing service using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to any compatible ePrinters from HP and Google.
4. Immersive Mode: New feature that improves reading and video playback viewing by putting the screen into full screen mode.
5. Multitasking: Overall improvements to multitasking of applications.
6. Other Changes: Speech Recognition, improved management of contacts, Bluetooth MAP compatibility for car communication, USB default connection is MTP or media mode, NFC HCE function has been enabled.
Android KitKat Features from Google
1. Ok Google feature on Google Now for voice controls.
2. New full album art lock screen mode.
3. Optional choice of default messaging app.
4. Emoji icons included.
5. Google Drive and QuickOffice integration.
6. Chromecast support
7. Closed captioning and subtitles.
8. Android Device Manager to lock and wipe a lost device.
9. Easy switching between home screen replacements apps.
10. Improved security using a hardened Security-Enhanced Linux.
11. Improvements on the touch screen responsiveness.
SFR France simply confirmed the month of the Android 4.4.2 KitKat rollout for LG Optimus G but not the specific date yet. Users should check the Software Update in the Settings Menu every now and then for the update is only around the corner.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How