LG Optimus G Android 4.4.2 KitKat Confirmed by SFR France Via Screenshot; Rollout Scheduled This Month
By Ryan Inoyori | June 18, 2014 2:02 PM EST
LG Optimus G users should soon embrace the goodies of Android 4.4.2 KitKat after SFR France confirmed the rollout within the month, a screenshot sample and similar changes with LG G2.
LG Optimus G Android 4.4.2 KitKat
French network carrier SFR is now ready with the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for the LG Optimus G after posting the screenshot showing the device running the new software. SFR is currently testing the firmware upgrade and will be ready for rollout this month.
Based on the official screenshot, the LG Optimus G will receive the Android 4.4.2 KitKat with firmware build version KOT49I.E97520a and basically contains similar improvements found on the LG G2 smartphone.
Features and Changes
LG G2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Change Log from SFR France.
1. Greater Speed: Significant increase in speed which can run applications up to 17 per cent faster than before. Browsing with Chrome is also affected by increase in performance speed.
2. Maximising Battery: Using the music player is more power efficient than the previous firmware. Addition of the new battery saving mode on the Location Services menu to let users control the GPS accuracy mode to save more power.
3. Practical Feature: Addition of the new Cloud Printing service using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to any compatible ePrinters from HP and Google.
4. Immersive Mode: New feature that improves reading and video playback viewing by putting the screen into full screen mode.
5. Multitasking: Overall improvements to multitasking of applications.
6. Other Changes: Speech Recognition, improved management of contacts, Bluetooth MAP compatibility for car communication, USB default connection is MTP or media mode, NFC HCE function has been enabled.
Android KitKat Features from Google
1. Ok Google feature on Google Now for voice controls.
2. New full album art lock screen mode.
3. Optional choice of default messaging app.
4. Emoji icons included.
5. Google Drive and QuickOffice integration.
6. Chromecast support
7. Closed captioning and subtitles.
8. Android Device Manager to lock and wipe a lost device.
9. Easy switching between home screen replacements apps.
10. Improved security using a hardened Security-Enhanced Linux.
11. Improvements on the touch screen responsiveness.
SFR France simply confirmed the month of the Android 4.4.2 KitKat rollout for LG Optimus G but not the specific date yet. Users should check the Software Update in the Settings Menu every now and then for the update is only around the corner.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
Join the Conversation
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Speculations for Mega Evolutions; X and Y Double Battles Detailed
- Destiny News: Burning Questions Answered, New Info for Game Spotted and New Artwork Showcased
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- OnePlus One vs. iPhone 5S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install