LG Optimus G Android 4.4.2 KitKat Confirmed by SFR France Via Screenshot; Rollout Scheduled This Month
By Ryan Inoyori | June 18, 2014 2:02 PM EST
LG Optimus G users should soon embrace the goodies of Android 4.4.2 KitKat after SFR France confirmed the rollout within the month, a screenshot sample and similar changes with LG G2.
LG Optimus G Android 4.4.2 KitKat
French network carrier SFR is now ready with the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for the LG Optimus G after posting the screenshot showing the device running the new software. SFR is currently testing the firmware upgrade and will be ready for rollout this month.
Based on the official screenshot, the LG Optimus G will receive the Android 4.4.2 KitKat with firmware build version KOT49I.E97520a and basically contains similar improvements found on the LG G2 smartphone.
Features and Changes
LG G2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Change Log from SFR France.
1. Greater Speed: Significant increase in speed which can run applications up to 17 per cent faster than before. Browsing with Chrome is also affected by increase in performance speed.
2. Maximising Battery: Using the music player is more power efficient than the previous firmware. Addition of the new battery saving mode on the Location Services menu to let users control the GPS accuracy mode to save more power.
3. Practical Feature: Addition of the new Cloud Printing service using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to any compatible ePrinters from HP and Google.
4. Immersive Mode: New feature that improves reading and video playback viewing by putting the screen into full screen mode.
5. Multitasking: Overall improvements to multitasking of applications.
6. Other Changes: Speech Recognition, improved management of contacts, Bluetooth MAP compatibility for car communication, USB default connection is MTP or media mode, NFC HCE function has been enabled.
Android KitKat Features from Google
1. Ok Google feature on Google Now for voice controls.
2. New full album art lock screen mode.
3. Optional choice of default messaging app.
4. Emoji icons included.
5. Google Drive and QuickOffice integration.
6. Chromecast support
7. Closed captioning and subtitles.
8. Android Device Manager to lock and wipe a lost device.
9. Easy switching between home screen replacements apps.
10. Improved security using a hardened Security-Enhanced Linux.
11. Improvements on the touch screen responsiveness.
SFR France simply confirmed the month of the Android 4.4.2 KitKat rollout for LG Optimus G but not the specific date yet. Users should check the Software Update in the Settings Menu every now and then for the update is only around the corner.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales