LG Optimus G Android 4.4.2 KitKat Confirmed by SFR France Via Screenshot; Rollout Scheduled This Month
By Ryan Inoyori | June 18, 2014 2:02 PM EST
LG Optimus G users should soon embrace the goodies of Android 4.4.2 KitKat after SFR France confirmed the rollout within the month, a screenshot sample and similar changes with LG G2.
LG Optimus G Android 4.4.2 KitKat
French network carrier SFR is now ready with the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for the LG Optimus G after posting the screenshot showing the device running the new software. SFR is currently testing the firmware upgrade and will be ready for rollout this month.
Based on the official screenshot, the LG Optimus G will receive the Android 4.4.2 KitKat with firmware build version KOT49I.E97520a and basically contains similar improvements found on the LG G2 smartphone.
Features and Changes
LG G2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Change Log from SFR France.
1. Greater Speed: Significant increase in speed which can run applications up to 17 per cent faster than before. Browsing with Chrome is also affected by increase in performance speed.
2. Maximising Battery: Using the music player is more power efficient than the previous firmware. Addition of the new battery saving mode on the Location Services menu to let users control the GPS accuracy mode to save more power.
3. Practical Feature: Addition of the new Cloud Printing service using Wi-Fi or Bluetooth to any compatible ePrinters from HP and Google.
4. Immersive Mode: New feature that improves reading and video playback viewing by putting the screen into full screen mode.
5. Multitasking: Overall improvements to multitasking of applications.
6. Other Changes: Speech Recognition, improved management of contacts, Bluetooth MAP compatibility for car communication, USB default connection is MTP or media mode, NFC HCE function has been enabled.
Android KitKat Features from Google
1. Ok Google feature on Google Now for voice controls.
2. New full album art lock screen mode.
3. Optional choice of default messaging app.
4. Emoji icons included.
5. Google Drive and QuickOffice integration.
6. Chromecast support
7. Closed captioning and subtitles.
8. Android Device Manager to lock and wipe a lost device.
9. Easy switching between home screen replacements apps.
10. Improved security using a hardened Security-Enhanced Linux.
11. Improvements on the touch screen responsiveness.
SFR France simply confirmed the month of the Android 4.4.2 KitKat rollout for LG Optimus G but not the specific date yet. Users should check the Software Update in the Settings Menu every now and then for the update is only around the corner.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- More PS4. 2.0 Firmware Update Details; PlayStation Plus November Lineup Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’