‘H1Z1’ Updates: New Gameplay Trailers Show Off Combat and Base, New Screenshots Showcased
By Gel Galang | June 18, 2014 1:46 PM EST
"H1Z1" is one of the most anticipated survival zombie games coming out for the PS4 and PC, and part of this is due to the community participation in giving feedback and suggestions for its improvement.
Despite its similarities and numerous comparisons to games like "DayZ," "H1Z1" is starting to show its own flavor more and more, separating it with a unique gameplay feature where the environment and its inhabitants are being considered, not just the players.
Gamerant recently talked about this unique feature, wherein the wildlife was able to interfere or distract from the characters-zombies become attracted to the deer rather than them going into an abandoned house.
Talking more about their plans for "H1Z1," Sony Online Entertainment's Adam Clegg has been featured in a guided demo and interview via Rely on Horror, where he talks more about the plans for "H1Z1" and the current progress that they've had with the title.
Here, Clegg promises that they are looking at quite the ambitious scale for the world of "H1Z1." He also shares that they are still thinking about the player scale, as the main plan is to have a thousand players aligning themselves towards the goal of surviving and fighting against the enemy.
During E3 2014, a new trailer has been showcased featuring a lot of gameplay action, shooting, zombie looks and even surprising dynamics of survival, which can be seen in the video below.
Improvements Ongoing for "H1Z1" Involves Better Animation
"H1Z1" is not yet up for Steam Early Access, but the developers are hard at work in implementing improvements and community feedback in order to make the game an even better one by the time it gets released.
In an interview spotted by Cinema Blend, there are a few more improvements showcased, one of them being the improved animation of cutting down trees as well as other mechanics in crafting gears and weapons, which is a main part of "H1Z1."
Apart from weapons and other items, another big venture with "H1Z1" is that you can create and build your own base in the game. This includes shelter homes, vehicles, store houses and even water filters for survival in the game. According to the source, this ups the ante for trading in the game, as purified water is substantial for survival as "H1Z1" takes into consideration infection as a loss of health.
Sony Online Entertainment has also just recently released a slew of new screenshots that gives players a glimpse of what to expect of the open-world MMO game. DualShockers has obtained the screenshots, which show off some old ones that display the vehicles and the layout of some of the areas, as well as a couple of new screens, featuring zombies and even some action.
For now, there is no official release date for the Early Access on Steam, but the "H1Z1" developers have promised that it will be launching "soon." The expected PS4 version will also be releasing in the coming months.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Android M OS Version Spotted At AOSP Before Android 5.0 L's Official Release Date
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha Will Be Available With AT&T From Sept 26, Unlocked Edition Priced At $612.99
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Smartwatches, Chunky Watches, Other Accessories And Tattoos
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?