‘H1Z1’ Updates: New Gameplay Trailers Show Off Combat and Base, New Screenshots Showcased
By Gel Galang | June 18, 2014 1:46 PM EST
"H1Z1" is one of the most anticipated survival zombie games coming out for the PS4 and PC, and part of this is due to the community participation in giving feedback and suggestions for its improvement.
Despite its similarities and numerous comparisons to games like "DayZ," "H1Z1" is starting to show its own flavor more and more, separating it with a unique gameplay feature where the environment and its inhabitants are being considered, not just the players.
Gamerant recently talked about this unique feature, wherein the wildlife was able to interfere or distract from the characters-zombies become attracted to the deer rather than them going into an abandoned house.
Talking more about their plans for "H1Z1," Sony Online Entertainment's Adam Clegg has been featured in a guided demo and interview via Rely on Horror, where he talks more about the plans for "H1Z1" and the current progress that they've had with the title.
Here, Clegg promises that they are looking at quite the ambitious scale for the world of "H1Z1." He also shares that they are still thinking about the player scale, as the main plan is to have a thousand players aligning themselves towards the goal of surviving and fighting against the enemy.
During E3 2014, a new trailer has been showcased featuring a lot of gameplay action, shooting, zombie looks and even surprising dynamics of survival, which can be seen in the video below.
Improvements Ongoing for "H1Z1" Involves Better Animation
"H1Z1" is not yet up for Steam Early Access, but the developers are hard at work in implementing improvements and community feedback in order to make the game an even better one by the time it gets released.
In an interview spotted by Cinema Blend, there are a few more improvements showcased, one of them being the improved animation of cutting down trees as well as other mechanics in crafting gears and weapons, which is a main part of "H1Z1."
Apart from weapons and other items, another big venture with "H1Z1" is that you can create and build your own base in the game. This includes shelter homes, vehicles, store houses and even water filters for survival in the game. According to the source, this ups the ante for trading in the game, as purified water is substantial for survival as "H1Z1" takes into consideration infection as a loss of health.
Sony Online Entertainment has also just recently released a slew of new screenshots that gives players a glimpse of what to expect of the open-world MMO game. DualShockers has obtained the screenshots, which show off some old ones that display the vehicles and the layout of some of the areas, as well as a couple of new screens, featuring zombies and even some action.
For now, there is no official release date for the Early Access on Steam, but the "H1Z1" developers have promised that it will be launching "soon." The expected PS4 version will also be releasing in the coming months.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine