NBA News 2014:Chicago Bulls To Trade Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson for Shot at Kevin Love, Carmelo Anthony
By Lou Ramon Aguila | June 18, 2014 1:33 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls are ready to make an aggressive move this offseason, and it starts by making everybody available on the trading block, all except All-Star point guard Derrick Rose, according to the Chicago Sun Times.
NBA: Playoffs-Chicago Bulls at Washington Wizards
After a string of postseason frustrations, the Bulls are apparently eager to remake their roster by adding an All-Star in the fold. Minnesota Timberwolves power forward Kevin Love is no doubt on top of GM Gar Forman's wislist, but the name of New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony is also ringing loudly on the free-agency chatter as well.
Of course, the Bulls top-brass understands that they need to sacrifice some of their assets for them to pull off a gargantuan of a deal. In a very shocking move, they are making any player except Rose available for trade negotiations - including reigning Defensive Player of the Year and All-NBA first team member Joakim Noah.
"According to several NBA sources Sunday, the Bulls have been actively looking to improve the starting lineup at almost any cost, with Derrick Rose the only untouchable player - and not by choice."
"They are looking to exhaust as many assets as it will take,'' one source said of general manager Gar Forman and head of basketball operations John Paxson....
"Carmelo Anthony is still Plan A as the Bulls and the rest of the NBA await to see if the Knicks forward will opt out of his contract. But the Bulls are more active in their pursuit of Kevin Love than initially rumored. Also, don't rule out LeBron James coming into play again if the four-time MVP opts out of his deal."
Noah has been lobbying the Bulls front office to get Anthony this summer, but not to the extent of trading frontcourt buddy Taj Gibson. However, after the Bulls lost to the Washington Wizards in the first round, Noah's stance on keeping Gibson might have loosened as the Bulls look to another star to play alongside him and Rose.
Then again, Noah is not safe to trade possibilities. The Bulls tried to sell him last offseason for Love or Portland Trail Blazers power forward LaMarcus Aldridge and it might happen again in the next several weeks heading into the free-agency period.
Other trade assets the Bulls could use is defensive stud Jimmy Butler, Mike Dunleavy, Kirk Hinrick, Gibson and perhaps the rights to European sensation Nikola Mirotic.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- Khloe Kardashian Sympathetic About Ex-Husband Lamar Odom in Recent Instagram Posts
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People