NBA News 2014:Chicago Bulls To Trade Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson for Shot at Kevin Love, Carmelo Anthony
By Lou Ramon Aguila | June 18, 2014 1:33 PM EST
The Chicago Bulls are ready to make an aggressive move this offseason, and it starts by making everybody available on the trading block, all except All-Star point guard Derrick Rose, according to the Chicago Sun Times.
NBA: Playoffs-Chicago Bulls at Washington Wizards
After a string of postseason frustrations, the Bulls are apparently eager to remake their roster by adding an All-Star in the fold. Minnesota Timberwolves power forward Kevin Love is no doubt on top of GM Gar Forman's wislist, but the name of New York Knicks Carmelo Anthony is also ringing loudly on the free-agency chatter as well.
Of course, the Bulls top-brass understands that they need to sacrifice some of their assets for them to pull off a gargantuan of a deal. In a very shocking move, they are making any player except Rose available for trade negotiations - including reigning Defensive Player of the Year and All-NBA first team member Joakim Noah.
"According to several NBA sources Sunday, the Bulls have been actively looking to improve the starting lineup at almost any cost, with Derrick Rose the only untouchable player - and not by choice."
"They are looking to exhaust as many assets as it will take,'' one source said of general manager Gar Forman and head of basketball operations John Paxson....
"Carmelo Anthony is still Plan A as the Bulls and the rest of the NBA await to see if the Knicks forward will opt out of his contract. But the Bulls are more active in their pursuit of Kevin Love than initially rumored. Also, don't rule out LeBron James coming into play again if the four-time MVP opts out of his deal."
Noah has been lobbying the Bulls front office to get Anthony this summer, but not to the extent of trading frontcourt buddy Taj Gibson. However, after the Bulls lost to the Washington Wizards in the first round, Noah's stance on keeping Gibson might have loosened as the Bulls look to another star to play alongside him and Rose.
Then again, Noah is not safe to trade possibilities. The Bulls tried to sell him last offseason for Love or Portland Trail Blazers power forward LaMarcus Aldridge and it might happen again in the next several weeks heading into the free-agency period.
Other trade assets the Bulls could use is defensive stud Jimmy Butler, Mike Dunleavy, Kirk Hinrick, Gibson and perhaps the rights to European sensation Nikola Mirotic.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch