Xbox One News: What Happens Post-Kinect, New GameStop Deals and an Update on ‘Halo 5: Guardians’
By Gel Galang | June 18, 2014 1:02 PM EST
Now that the Xbox One is currently being shipped without a Kinect, the next question being asked by potential buyers is if it will really get 10 per cent more processing power that used to be distributed to the Kinect.
A scene from the multiplayer beta for the upcoming "Halo 5" game is shown during a presentation by Bonnie Ross (not pictured), studio head of 343 Industries, at the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at the University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
Technically, you don't get more RAM when you do away with the Kinect, but there are some other benefits that can be felt in some games. But the difference may rely on how developers will make use of the new flexible system.
Kotaku reports that Bungie has made use of this new system with "Destiny," and had stated that the game has jumped up the resolution to 1080 p and 30FPS to be at par with the PS4 version of the game.
This was clarified by a tweet from Geoff Keighley. This is how "Destiny" has boosted its resolution and performance with the new bandwidth in the GPU.
GameStop will Give Away $1M Xbox Live Currency
For an entire month, GameStop and Microsoft will be partnering for the Xbox Live Gold Mine at GameStop, and this will allow a number of lucky Xbox players a chance to get some of the $1M Xbox Live Currency pot.
DualShockers has spotted the contest, which allows three days during the contest period for gamers to participate. There's Trivia Tuesdays at 6:00 p.m. CT, Treasure Hunt Thursdays at 12:00 p.m. CT done via the Twitter, and Super Sundays, which is a first-claim first-grab contest at 3:00 p.m. CT.
Master Plan for "Halo 5" Guardians" from 343 Industries
A new character has been named for "Halo 5: Guardians"--Agent Locke, who is supposed to have a significant role for the game and one who has been pictured in the first teased "Halo 5: Guardians: image.
Since "Halo 5: Guardians" is coming out in 2015, there is a way to get to know more about Agent Locke, which is by way of watching "Halo Nightfall," the series by Ridley Scott. In this way, Microsoft will be able to provide some key backgrounders about Agent Locke for viewers via the "Halo Nightfall" so that gamers will be ready for "Halo 5: Guardians."
"That was very deliberate because the story we want to tell on Xbox One really is an important part and the main part of his hero's journey. It's more about what he's searching for versus what the UNSC is asking him to do," said 343 Industries' Bonnie Ross at an exclusive interview with Eurogamer.
As far as the interactive beta for "Halo 5: Guardians," Ross has also revealed that it will be a three-week long beta that will be used to gather feedback about the game. So far, the developer has announced that the beta will focus on arena and looking at adaptability of new features.
"We've been working on it for years now. So our goal with it, fundamentally, is to make the best experience we can possibly make," said dev director Frank O'Connor to Eurogamer. "Some of that means making it better with some of the learnings we've had over the years."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Sony Xperia Z3 Five Things Unveiled: 2 Metres Water-Resistance, Sprint US, Specifications, LTE Certification, Sports Sensor
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen