Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Preorder Out in SK with LTE-A Variant and Gear 2 Update
By Gel Galang | June 18, 2014 12:45 PM EST
Customers attend a workshop about the Samsung Galaxy S5 in Jakarta, April 11, 2014. REUTERS/Beawiharta
Minecraft PS4 and Xbox One Updates on DualShock 4 Touchpad Function, Bigger Worlds, and Killer Instinct Skins
There are already local carriers marked with preorders for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime, though BGR reports that the device may not necessarily come out with that name (which is why there are still reports that Galaxy F may be a possible name for the device). KT is one of the named networks that are already taking preorders of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) with possible LTE network.
As far as the launch date of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) is concerned, the source also touches on the possibility of a release date next week. Other networks that are said to carry the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) are SK and LG U+.
TechRadar adds that the tipped release date for Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) is June, but an early July release date is also possible.
Apart from this, there is also the possibility of having the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime come out a 2K display, faster processor, and LTE-A speeds. SamMobile quotes a report from The Korea Times, where the upgraded LTE-A network with higher speeds of 225 Mbps will be offered compared to the 150 Mbps.
However, this is marked to be the Samsung Galaxy S5 though coming with the specs mean for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime. Other specs include Snapdragon 805 chips and a UHD display. The processor will allegedly support the faster LTE-A network.
Gear 2 Update for the S Health
Software version 184.108.40.206 has finally rolled out for the Samsung Gear 2, the Tizen-powered smartwatch. This new update will improve the S Health app and adds some more notifications, like the Blocking Mode.
According to Phone Arena, this would allow you to turn off notifications at night so you can block them. The Samsung Gear 2 update also has overall stability of the watch. The software is already out and you can download it to your device via the Gear Manager app.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'GTA V' For PC, PS4, Xbox One: More DLC Updates And Release Confirmed This Fall
- Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire May Not Be The Only Pokemon Game With This ‘Shocking’ Project
- 'Minecraft' 1.8 Update Gets 'Minecraft' 14w34b Snapshot, 'Minecraft PS Vita' Trailer And A Possible Oculus Rift Port
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. Asus Zenfone 4 Price And Specifications Comparison [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. LG G2 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display