Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Preorder Out in SK with LTE-A Variant and Gear 2 Update
By Gel Galang | June 18, 2014 12:45 PM EST
Customers attend a workshop about the Samsung Galaxy S5 in Jakarta, April 11, 2014. REUTERS/Beawiharta
Minecraft PS4 and Xbox One Updates on DualShock 4 Touchpad Function, Bigger Worlds, and Killer Instinct Skins
There are already local carriers marked with preorders for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime, though BGR reports that the device may not necessarily come out with that name (which is why there are still reports that Galaxy F may be a possible name for the device). KT is one of the named networks that are already taking preorders of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) with possible LTE network.
As far as the launch date of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) is concerned, the source also touches on the possibility of a release date next week. Other networks that are said to carry the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) are SK and LG U+.
TechRadar adds that the tipped release date for Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) is June, but an early July release date is also possible.
Apart from this, there is also the possibility of having the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime come out a 2K display, faster processor, and LTE-A speeds. SamMobile quotes a report from The Korea Times, where the upgraded LTE-A network with higher speeds of 225 Mbps will be offered compared to the 150 Mbps.
However, this is marked to be the Samsung Galaxy S5 though coming with the specs mean for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime. Other specs include Snapdragon 805 chips and a UHD display. The processor will allegedly support the faster LTE-A network.
Gear 2 Update for the S Health
Software version 220.127.116.11 has finally rolled out for the Samsung Gear 2, the Tizen-powered smartwatch. This new update will improve the S Health app and adds some more notifications, like the Blocking Mode.
According to Phone Arena, this would allow you to turn off notifications at night so you can block them. The Samsung Gear 2 update also has overall stability of the watch. The software is already out and you can download it to your device via the Gear Manager app.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 7 New Video Games Set To Be Released On Sept. 2, 2014 Including ‘Warframe,’ 'Sims 4' And 'Dance Central Spotlight' [WATCH VIDEOS]
- A Curved Screen And 3G Connectivity Features of the Samsung’s Gear S Smartwatch
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged