Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Preorder Out in SK with LTE-A Variant and Gear 2 Update
By Gel Galang | June 18, 2014 12:45 PM EST
Customers attend a workshop about the Samsung Galaxy S5 in Jakarta, April 11, 2014. REUTERS/Beawiharta
Minecraft PS4 and Xbox One Updates on DualShock 4 Touchpad Function, Bigger Worlds, and Killer Instinct Skins
There are already local carriers marked with preorders for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime, though BGR reports that the device may not necessarily come out with that name (which is why there are still reports that Galaxy F may be a possible name for the device). KT is one of the named networks that are already taking preorders of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) with possible LTE network.
As far as the launch date of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) is concerned, the source also touches on the possibility of a release date next week. Other networks that are said to carry the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) are SK and LG U+.
TechRadar adds that the tipped release date for Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) is June, but an early July release date is also possible.
Apart from this, there is also the possibility of having the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime come out a 2K display, faster processor, and LTE-A speeds. SamMobile quotes a report from The Korea Times, where the upgraded LTE-A network with higher speeds of 225 Mbps will be offered compared to the 150 Mbps.
However, this is marked to be the Samsung Galaxy S5 though coming with the specs mean for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime. Other specs include Snapdragon 805 chips and a UHD display. The processor will allegedly support the faster LTE-A network.
Gear 2 Update for the S Health
Software version 18.104.22.168 has finally rolled out for the Samsung Gear 2, the Tizen-powered smartwatch. This new update will improve the S Health app and adds some more notifications, like the Blocking Mode.
According to Phone Arena, this would allow you to turn off notifications at night so you can block them. The Samsung Gear 2 update also has overall stability of the watch. The software is already out and you can download it to your device via the Gear Manager app.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon