Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime Preorder Out in SK with LTE-A Variant and Gear 2 Update
By Gel Galang | June 18, 2014 12:45 PM EST
Customers attend a workshop about the Samsung Galaxy S5 in Jakarta, April 11, 2014. REUTERS/Beawiharta
Minecraft PS4 and Xbox One Updates on DualShock 4 Touchpad Function, Bigger Worlds, and Killer Instinct Skins
There are already local carriers marked with preorders for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime, though BGR reports that the device may not necessarily come out with that name (which is why there are still reports that Galaxy F may be a possible name for the device). KT is one of the named networks that are already taking preorders of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) with possible LTE network.
As far as the launch date of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) is concerned, the source also touches on the possibility of a release date next week. Other networks that are said to carry the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) are SK and LG U+.
TechRadar adds that the tipped release date for Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (Galaxy F) is June, but an early July release date is also possible.
Apart from this, there is also the possibility of having the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime come out a 2K display, faster processor, and LTE-A speeds. SamMobile quotes a report from The Korea Times, where the upgraded LTE-A network with higher speeds of 225 Mbps will be offered compared to the 150 Mbps.
However, this is marked to be the Samsung Galaxy S5 though coming with the specs mean for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime. Other specs include Snapdragon 805 chips and a UHD display. The processor will allegedly support the faster LTE-A network.
Gear 2 Update for the S Health
Software version 220.127.116.11 has finally rolled out for the Samsung Gear 2, the Tizen-powered smartwatch. This new update will improve the S Health app and adds some more notifications, like the Blocking Mode.
According to Phone Arena, this would allow you to turn off notifications at night so you can block them. The Samsung Gear 2 update also has overall stability of the watch. The software is already out and you can download it to your device via the Gear Manager app.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best