Sony Xperia M2 vs. Xperia C Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 18, 2014 12:40 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Sony Xperia M2 or the Xperia C, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014. Sponsors Adidas, Sony, Visa and Coca-Cola on June 8, 2014 called on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/Files
Display and Design
The Sony Xperia M2 comes with a 4.8-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 540 x 960 pixels resolution. The Galaxy C comes with a 5-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 540 x 960 pixels resolution.
The Sony Xperia M2 renders a slightly better display resolution with 229 ppi pixel density compared to the 220 ppi pixel density on the Xperia C. This is primary due to the device having a comparatively smaller screen size.
The Sony Xperia M2 comes with 139.7 x 71.1 x 8.6 mm dimensions and weighs 148 grams. The Xperia C comes with 141.5 x 74.2 x 8.9 mm dimensions and weighs 153 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Sony Xperia M2 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Xperia C is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core cortex A7 processor and Mediatek MT6589 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android Jelly bean operating system and both the devices have 1 GB of RAM. There isn't a lot of difference between the two devices when it comes to computing power.
The Sony Xperia M2 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera. The Xperia C also sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The Sony Xperia M2 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2300 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 14 hours and 36 minutes on 3G or music play of about 58 hours and 25 minutes. The Xperia C comes with a Li-Ion 2390 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 12 hours and 25 minutes on 3G or music play of about 111 hours.
Price in Australia
The Sony Xperia M2 is priced at around AU $319.95 and the Xperia C is priced at around AU $259.95 in Australia.
Sony Xperia Z2: Top 5 Features review [Read]
Motorola Moto E vs. Nokia Lumia 520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy