Game of Thrones Kit Harington Butt Naked, Talks Jon Snow Character
By Tanya Diente | June 18, 2014 12:23 PM EST
"Game of Thrones" Kit Harington revealed that he doesn't mind being naked for the camera even if it means showing his own butt this time and not from a butt double, and described his Jon Snow character as a bastion of hope.
(L-R) Cast members Jay Baruchel, Kit Harington, America Ferrera, Cate Blanchett, and Djimon Hounsou pose on the red carpet as they arrive for the screening of the film "How to Train Your Dragon 2" out of competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 16, 2014.
According to GQ, one common notion when young actors, such as Kit Harington, join the fantasy world of "Game of Thrones" is that they are obliged to be naked when required.
In the April issue of GQ, "Game of Thrones" Jon Snow actor Kit Harington revealed that he doesn't mind getting naked in front of the camera if needed. In principle, Kit Harington saw this as fair and proper.
"It's only right, if you're going to make a show where nudity and sex is a large part of it, that you be a part of that," he said of his role in "Game of Thrones," where he described the show as a "rollicking good story with sex and violence."
However, Kit Harington had qualms when asked whether he'd be obliged to show his naked manhood if his "Game of Thrones" scene calls for it. He said he wouldn't be happy about it but if ever he does go full frontal, then it has be to "well deserved."
In Season 3 of "Game of Thrones" after Jon Snow has been lured into a cave by Ygritte and seduced, Kit Harington is seen naked from behind jumping into a cave by a rock pool.
According to hollywoodlife, when fans saw Kit Harington's naked butt, they couldn't look away. Except it wasn't him they saw. Kit revealed during his interview that he had injured his ankle six weeks before shooting began for season 3, so he couldn't have performed the jump for that scene.
"When it came down to it I had a broken ankle. So the only time you saw my ass, it wasn't my ass," he said.
On the same GQ interview, Kit Harington shared his thoughts on his Jon Snow character in "Game of Thrones."
"I think Jon Snow is one of the last bastions of a young hero who might do a good thing," he said.
Kit Harington thought Jon Snow should be a leader and that he is a figure of hope in the "Game of Thrones" story.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks