Game of Thrones Kit Harington Butt Naked, Talks Jon Snow Character
By Tanya Diente | June 18, 2014 12:23 PM EST
"Game of Thrones" Kit Harington revealed that he doesn't mind being naked for the camera even if it means showing his own butt this time and not from a butt double, and described his Jon Snow character as a bastion of hope.
(L-R) Cast members Jay Baruchel, Kit Harington, America Ferrera, Cate Blanchett, and Djimon Hounsou pose on the red carpet as they arrive for the screening of the film "How to Train Your Dragon 2" out of competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 16, 2014.
According to GQ, one common notion when young actors, such as Kit Harington, join the fantasy world of "Game of Thrones" is that they are obliged to be naked when required.
In the April issue of GQ, "Game of Thrones" Jon Snow actor Kit Harington revealed that he doesn't mind getting naked in front of the camera if needed. In principle, Kit Harington saw this as fair and proper.
"It's only right, if you're going to make a show where nudity and sex is a large part of it, that you be a part of that," he said of his role in "Game of Thrones," where he described the show as a "rollicking good story with sex and violence."
However, Kit Harington had qualms when asked whether he'd be obliged to show his naked manhood if his "Game of Thrones" scene calls for it. He said he wouldn't be happy about it but if ever he does go full frontal, then it has be to "well deserved."
In Season 3 of "Game of Thrones" after Jon Snow has been lured into a cave by Ygritte and seduced, Kit Harington is seen naked from behind jumping into a cave by a rock pool.
According to hollywoodlife, when fans saw Kit Harington's naked butt, they couldn't look away. Except it wasn't him they saw. Kit revealed during his interview that he had injured his ankle six weeks before shooting began for season 3, so he couldn't have performed the jump for that scene.
"When it came down to it I had a broken ankle. So the only time you saw my ass, it wasn't my ass," he said.
On the same GQ interview, Kit Harington shared his thoughts on his Jon Snow character in "Game of Thrones."
"I think Jon Snow is one of the last bastions of a young hero who might do a good thing," he said.
Kit Harington thought Jon Snow should be a leader and that he is a figure of hope in the "Game of Thrones" story.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family