Game of Thrones Kit Harington Butt Naked, Talks Jon Snow Character
By Tanya Diente | June 18, 2014 12:23 PM EST
"Game of Thrones" Kit Harington revealed that he doesn't mind being naked for the camera even if it means showing his own butt this time and not from a butt double, and described his Jon Snow character as a bastion of hope.
(L-R) Cast members Jay Baruchel, Kit Harington, America Ferrera, Cate Blanchett, and Djimon Hounsou pose on the red carpet as they arrive for the screening of the film "How to Train Your Dragon 2" out of competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 16, 2014.
According to GQ, one common notion when young actors, such as Kit Harington, join the fantasy world of "Game of Thrones" is that they are obliged to be naked when required.
In the April issue of GQ, "Game of Thrones" Jon Snow actor Kit Harington revealed that he doesn't mind getting naked in front of the camera if needed. In principle, Kit Harington saw this as fair and proper.
"It's only right, if you're going to make a show where nudity and sex is a large part of it, that you be a part of that," he said of his role in "Game of Thrones," where he described the show as a "rollicking good story with sex and violence."
However, Kit Harington had qualms when asked whether he'd be obliged to show his naked manhood if his "Game of Thrones" scene calls for it. He said he wouldn't be happy about it but if ever he does go full frontal, then it has be to "well deserved."
In Season 3 of "Game of Thrones" after Jon Snow has been lured into a cave by Ygritte and seduced, Kit Harington is seen naked from behind jumping into a cave by a rock pool.
According to hollywoodlife, when fans saw Kit Harington's naked butt, they couldn't look away. Except it wasn't him they saw. Kit revealed during his interview that he had injured his ankle six weeks before shooting began for season 3, so he couldn't have performed the jump for that scene.
"When it came down to it I had a broken ankle. So the only time you saw my ass, it wasn't my ass," he said.
On the same GQ interview, Kit Harington shared his thoughts on his Jon Snow character in "Game of Thrones."
"I think Jon Snow is one of the last bastions of a young hero who might do a good thing," he said.
Kit Harington thought Jon Snow should be a leader and that he is a figure of hope in the "Game of Thrones" story.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop