Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – The Competition May Not be From iPhone 6
By Sachin Trivedi | June 18, 2014 11:39 AM EST
Tech enthusiasts eagerly await the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the iPhone 6 smartphones. The headlines are usually captured by Samsung and Apple, but 2014 may be a little different with more devices competing for the top spot.
A woman takes photos with her iPhone as Pope Francis delivers his Regina Coeli prayer from the window of the Apostolic Palace in Saint Peter's Square at the Vatican June 1, 2014. REUTERS/Giampiero Sposito
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the iPhone 6 are rumoured to be releasing in September 2014. There have been leaked specs and images of the devices and tech enthusiasts have a fair idea about what to expect from the devices.
But the real challenge for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and iPhone 6 may not be from the big names in the industry but from the lesser known new entrants in the market. Many upcoming devices are offering a great value for money with specs that can't be ignored.
Take the upcoming device OnePlus One for example. The device has been dubbed the "Flagship killer." The device has already met with immense popularity and the demand is only expected to rise in the future.
The OnePlus One packs a 5.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, a 2.5 GHz quad core krait 400 processor with Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset, 3 GB of RAM and a non-removable Li-Po 3100 mAh battery. The device sports a 13 MP primary camera and a 5 MP secondary camera.
The specs on the OnePlus One may not be able to match the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the features of the iPhone 6 but the real differentiator will be the price. The device is priced under AU $550, but Australia will have to wait for the device as the company first satiates the demand in the European and U.S markets.
Comparing the price of OnePlus One to the rumoured price of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the iPhone 6 the customers will take a hard look at what additional benefits the devices offer. The image conscious buyers however may still want to choose one of the established brands in the industry.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is rumoured to be priced at around AU $850 and the rumoured price of the iPhone 6 is around AU $950. The premium price tag of these devices and the availability of new smartphones with comparable specs may push some customers away from the big names in the industry.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. Galaxy S4 Active Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]