Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – The Competition May Not be From iPhone 6
By Sachin Trivedi | June 18, 2014 11:39 AM EST
Tech enthusiasts eagerly await the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the iPhone 6 smartphones. The headlines are usually captured by Samsung and Apple, but 2014 may be a little different with more devices competing for the top spot.
A woman takes photos with her iPhone as Pope Francis delivers his Regina Coeli prayer from the window of the Apostolic Palace in Saint Peter's Square at the Vatican June 1, 2014. REUTERS/Giampiero Sposito
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the iPhone 6 are rumoured to be releasing in September 2014. There have been leaked specs and images of the devices and tech enthusiasts have a fair idea about what to expect from the devices.
But the real challenge for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and iPhone 6 may not be from the big names in the industry but from the lesser known new entrants in the market. Many upcoming devices are offering a great value for money with specs that can't be ignored.
Take the upcoming device OnePlus One for example. The device has been dubbed the "Flagship killer." The device has already met with immense popularity and the demand is only expected to rise in the future.
The OnePlus One packs a 5.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, a 2.5 GHz quad core krait 400 processor with Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset, 3 GB of RAM and a non-removable Li-Po 3100 mAh battery. The device sports a 13 MP primary camera and a 5 MP secondary camera.
The specs on the OnePlus One may not be able to match the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the features of the iPhone 6 but the real differentiator will be the price. The device is priced under AU $550, but Australia will have to wait for the device as the company first satiates the demand in the European and U.S markets.
Comparing the price of OnePlus One to the rumoured price of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the iPhone 6 the customers will take a hard look at what additional benefits the devices offer. The image conscious buyers however may still want to choose one of the established brands in the industry.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is rumoured to be priced at around AU $850 and the rumoured price of the iPhone 6 is around AU $950. The premium price tag of these devices and the availability of new smartphones with comparable specs may push some customers away from the big names in the industry.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. Galaxy S4 Active Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Nokia Lumia 1320 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 To Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUDNF2 Firmware
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ Gets Massive Leak For Character Roster, Game Details And Sleep Mode
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?