Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – The Competition May Not be From iPhone 6
By Sachin Trivedi | June 18, 2014 11:39 AM EST
Tech enthusiasts eagerly await the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the iPhone 6 smartphones. The headlines are usually captured by Samsung and Apple, but 2014 may be a little different with more devices competing for the top spot.
A woman takes photos with her iPhone as Pope Francis delivers his Regina Coeli prayer from the window of the Apostolic Palace in Saint Peter's Square at the Vatican June 1, 2014. REUTERS/Giampiero Sposito
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the iPhone 6 are rumoured to be releasing in September 2014. There have been leaked specs and images of the devices and tech enthusiasts have a fair idea about what to expect from the devices.
But the real challenge for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and iPhone 6 may not be from the big names in the industry but from the lesser known new entrants in the market. Many upcoming devices are offering a great value for money with specs that can't be ignored.
Take the upcoming device OnePlus One for example. The device has been dubbed the "Flagship killer." The device has already met with immense popularity and the demand is only expected to rise in the future.
The OnePlus One packs a 5.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, a 2.5 GHz quad core krait 400 processor with Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset, 3 GB of RAM and a non-removable Li-Po 3100 mAh battery. The device sports a 13 MP primary camera and a 5 MP secondary camera.
The specs on the OnePlus One may not be able to match the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the features of the iPhone 6 but the real differentiator will be the price. The device is priced under AU $550, but Australia will have to wait for the device as the company first satiates the demand in the European and U.S markets.
Comparing the price of OnePlus One to the rumoured price of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the iPhone 6 the customers will take a hard look at what additional benefits the devices offer. The image conscious buyers however may still want to choose one of the established brands in the industry.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is rumoured to be priced at around AU $850 and the rumoured price of the iPhone 6 is around AU $950. The premium price tag of these devices and the availability of new smartphones with comparable specs may push some customers away from the big names in the industry.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. Galaxy S4 Active Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Destiny News: Burning Questions Answered, New Info for Game Spotted and New Artwork Showcased
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools