Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – The Competition May Not be From iPhone 6
By Sachin Trivedi | June 18, 2014 11:39 AM EST
Tech enthusiasts eagerly await the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the iPhone 6 smartphones. The headlines are usually captured by Samsung and Apple, but 2014 may be a little different with more devices competing for the top spot.
A woman takes photos with her iPhone as Pope Francis delivers his Regina Coeli prayer from the window of the Apostolic Palace in Saint Peter's Square at the Vatican June 1, 2014. REUTERS/Giampiero Sposito
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the iPhone 6 are rumoured to be releasing in September 2014. There have been leaked specs and images of the devices and tech enthusiasts have a fair idea about what to expect from the devices.
But the real challenge for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and iPhone 6 may not be from the big names in the industry but from the lesser known new entrants in the market. Many upcoming devices are offering a great value for money with specs that can't be ignored.
Take the upcoming device OnePlus One for example. The device has been dubbed the "Flagship killer." The device has already met with immense popularity and the demand is only expected to rise in the future.
The OnePlus One packs a 5.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, a 2.5 GHz quad core krait 400 processor with Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset, 3 GB of RAM and a non-removable Li-Po 3100 mAh battery. The device sports a 13 MP primary camera and a 5 MP secondary camera.
The specs on the OnePlus One may not be able to match the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the features of the iPhone 6 but the real differentiator will be the price. The device is priced under AU $550, but Australia will have to wait for the device as the company first satiates the demand in the European and U.S markets.
Comparing the price of OnePlus One to the rumoured price of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the iPhone 6 the customers will take a hard look at what additional benefits the devices offer. The image conscious buyers however may still want to choose one of the established brands in the industry.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is rumoured to be priced at around AU $850 and the rumoured price of the iPhone 6 is around AU $950. The premium price tag of these devices and the availability of new smartphones with comparable specs may push some customers away from the big names in the industry.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. Galaxy S4 Active Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown