Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – The Competition May Not be From iPhone 6
By Sachin Trivedi | June 18, 2014 11:39 AM EST
Tech enthusiasts eagerly await the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the iPhone 6 smartphones. The headlines are usually captured by Samsung and Apple, but 2014 may be a little different with more devices competing for the top spot.
A woman takes photos with her iPhone as Pope Francis delivers his Regina Coeli prayer from the window of the Apostolic Palace in Saint Peter's Square at the Vatican June 1, 2014. REUTERS/Giampiero Sposito
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the iPhone 6 are rumoured to be releasing in September 2014. There have been leaked specs and images of the devices and tech enthusiasts have a fair idea about what to expect from the devices.
But the real challenge for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and iPhone 6 may not be from the big names in the industry but from the lesser known new entrants in the market. Many upcoming devices are offering a great value for money with specs that can't be ignored.
Take the upcoming device OnePlus One for example. The device has been dubbed the "Flagship killer." The device has already met with immense popularity and the demand is only expected to rise in the future.
The OnePlus One packs a 5.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, a 2.5 GHz quad core krait 400 processor with Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset, 3 GB of RAM and a non-removable Li-Po 3100 mAh battery. The device sports a 13 MP primary camera and a 5 MP secondary camera.
The specs on the OnePlus One may not be able to match the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the features of the iPhone 6 but the real differentiator will be the price. The device is priced under AU $550, but Australia will have to wait for the device as the company first satiates the demand in the European and U.S markets.
Comparing the price of OnePlus One to the rumoured price of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the iPhone 6 the customers will take a hard look at what additional benefits the devices offer. The image conscious buyers however may still want to choose one of the established brands in the industry.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is rumoured to be priced at around AU $850 and the rumoured price of the iPhone 6 is around AU $950. The premium price tag of these devices and the availability of new smartphones with comparable specs may push some customers away from the big names in the industry.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. Galaxy S4 Active Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories