Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 vs. Galaxy TabPro 10.1 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 18, 2014 11:35 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 or the Galaxy TabPro 10.1, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung. REUTERS/Lee Jae-Won
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 comes with a 10.1-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 1280 x 800 pixels resolution. The Galaxy TabPro comes with a 10.1-inch Super clear LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 2560 x 1600 pixels resolution.
The Galaxy TabPro has a clear advantage in this category. The device renders a 299 ppi pixel density which is substantially higher than the 149 ppi pixel density on the Tab 4.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 comes with 243.4 x 176.4 x 8 mm dimensions and weighs 487 grams. The Galaxy TabPro comes with 243.1 x 171.4 x 7.3 mm dimensions and weighs 469 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core processor and Qualcomm APQ8026 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Galaxy TabPro is equipped with a quad core 1.9 GHz cortex A15 and quad core 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 processor and Exynos 5 Octa 5420 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 has 1.5 GB of RAM and the Galaxy TabPro has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of the computing power, the TabPro has an edge over the Tab 4.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 sports a 3.15 MP primary camera and the secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP. The Galaxy TabPro sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 6800 mAh battery, which allows for a multimedia play time of about 10 hours or music play of about 208 hours. The Galaxy TabPro comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 8220 mAh battery, which allows for a multimedia play time of about 10 hours or music play of about 147 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 16 GB Wi-Fi is priced at around AU $449.95 and the Galaxy TabPro 16 GB Wi-Fi is priced at around AU $509.95 in Australia.
Motorola Moto E vs. Nokia Lumia 520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. Galaxy S4 Active Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy