Maria Sharapova Opens ‘Sugarpova Pop-Up Shop’ in Wimbledon
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 18, 2014 11:02 AM EST
Maria Sharapova is expanding her candy business internationally and certainly taking it to a next level.
Sharapova has recently opened a pop-up shop for Sugarpova at 89 High Street in Wimbledon just in time for the upcoming Grand Slam tournament. The shop will be opened only until July 6, according to reports.
Maria Sharapova of Russia celebrates after winning her women's singles final match against Simona Halep of Romania at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 7, 2014.
LondonPopups (@LondonPopups) June 17, 2014
The Sugarpova pop-up shop will feature all the trademark flavours of Sharapova's sweets brand. Sharapova has made sure that customers will enjoy every minute of their stay in the pop-up shop because it also offers free internet access, a juice bar, and a photo booth. Sharapova and her team even had a little fun as they posed in the photo booth for some candid snapshots.
The Sugarpova pop-up shop is reportedly the first candy lounge launched in Wimbledon Village. "Maria wanted to create the first ever candy lounge, where people can come to enjoy not only to relax, treat themselves, and share the fun on social media," London Pop Ups reported.
Following her success in the 2014 French Open, Sharapova will compete next in Wimbledon. Sharapova told Sky Sports she wants to win another Wimbledon title. She said that winning the trophy in 2004 has marked her tennis career. She was only 17 years old then and she said she would love to do it again. The 27-year-old said that her passion for the sport has remained the same. She has not lost her desire to win more titles and play better tennis. Even though she had her ups and downs in her career, she was winning again.
"I've been to a final again, I've been to a couple of semi-finals, but obviously the goal is to win again," said Sharapova.
"I don't think that I've won it before because when you have the mentality that you've won it then it gets boring."
"You have to go out there hungry for more."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WWE SummerSlam Results & Highlights: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena, Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Rafael Nadal Will Miss 2014 US Open; Roger Federer Looking to Pounce on Rival
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display