Maria Sharapova Opens ‘Sugarpova Pop-Up Shop’ in Wimbledon
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 18, 2014 11:02 AM EST
Maria Sharapova is expanding her candy business internationally and certainly taking it to a next level.
Sharapova has recently opened a pop-up shop for Sugarpova at 89 High Street in Wimbledon just in time for the upcoming Grand Slam tournament. The shop will be opened only until July 6, according to reports.
Maria Sharapova of Russia celebrates after winning her women's singles final match against Simona Halep of Romania at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 7, 2014.
LondonPopups (@LondonPopups) June 17, 2014
The Sugarpova pop-up shop will feature all the trademark flavours of Sharapova's sweets brand. Sharapova has made sure that customers will enjoy every minute of their stay in the pop-up shop because it also offers free internet access, a juice bar, and a photo booth. Sharapova and her team even had a little fun as they posed in the photo booth for some candid snapshots.
The Sugarpova pop-up shop is reportedly the first candy lounge launched in Wimbledon Village. "Maria wanted to create the first ever candy lounge, where people can come to enjoy not only to relax, treat themselves, and share the fun on social media," London Pop Ups reported.
Following her success in the 2014 French Open, Sharapova will compete next in Wimbledon. Sharapova told Sky Sports she wants to win another Wimbledon title. She said that winning the trophy in 2004 has marked her tennis career. She was only 17 years old then and she said she would love to do it again. The 27-year-old said that her passion for the sport has remained the same. She has not lost her desire to win more titles and play better tennis. Even though she had her ups and downs in her career, she was winning again.
"I've been to a final again, I've been to a couple of semi-finals, but obviously the goal is to win again," said Sharapova.
"I don't think that I've won it before because when you have the mentality that you've won it then it gets boring."
"You have to go out there hungry for more."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]