Maria Sharapova Opens ‘Sugarpova Pop-Up Shop’ in Wimbledon
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 18, 2014 11:02 AM EST
Maria Sharapova is expanding her candy business internationally and certainly taking it to a next level.
Sharapova has recently opened a pop-up shop for Sugarpova at 89 High Street in Wimbledon just in time for the upcoming Grand Slam tournament. The shop will be opened only until July 6, according to reports.
Maria Sharapova of Russia celebrates after winning her women's singles final match against Simona Halep of Romania at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 7, 2014.
LondonPopups (@LondonPopups) June 17, 2014
The Sugarpova pop-up shop will feature all the trademark flavours of Sharapova's sweets brand. Sharapova has made sure that customers will enjoy every minute of their stay in the pop-up shop because it also offers free internet access, a juice bar, and a photo booth. Sharapova and her team even had a little fun as they posed in the photo booth for some candid snapshots.
The Sugarpova pop-up shop is reportedly the first candy lounge launched in Wimbledon Village. "Maria wanted to create the first ever candy lounge, where people can come to enjoy not only to relax, treat themselves, and share the fun on social media," London Pop Ups reported.
Following her success in the 2014 French Open, Sharapova will compete next in Wimbledon. Sharapova told Sky Sports she wants to win another Wimbledon title. She said that winning the trophy in 2004 has marked her tennis career. She was only 17 years old then and she said she would love to do it again. The 27-year-old said that her passion for the sport has remained the same. She has not lost her desire to win more titles and play better tennis. Even though she had her ups and downs in her career, she was winning again.
"I've been to a final again, I've been to a couple of semi-finals, but obviously the goal is to win again," said Sharapova.
"I don't think that I've won it before because when you have the mentality that you've won it then it gets boring."
"You have to go out there hungry for more."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border