Maria Sharapova Opens ‘Sugarpova Pop-Up Shop’ in Wimbledon
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 18, 2014 11:02 AM EST
Maria Sharapova is expanding her candy business internationally and certainly taking it to a next level.
Sharapova has recently opened a pop-up shop for Sugarpova at 89 High Street in Wimbledon just in time for the upcoming Grand Slam tournament. The shop will be opened only until July 6, according to reports.
Maria Sharapova of Russia celebrates after winning her women's singles final match against Simona Halep of Romania at the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 7, 2014.
LondonPopups (@LondonPopups) June 17, 2014
The Sugarpova pop-up shop will feature all the trademark flavours of Sharapova's sweets brand. Sharapova has made sure that customers will enjoy every minute of their stay in the pop-up shop because it also offers free internet access, a juice bar, and a photo booth. Sharapova and her team even had a little fun as they posed in the photo booth for some candid snapshots.
The Sugarpova pop-up shop is reportedly the first candy lounge launched in Wimbledon Village. "Maria wanted to create the first ever candy lounge, where people can come to enjoy not only to relax, treat themselves, and share the fun on social media," London Pop Ups reported.
Following her success in the 2014 French Open, Sharapova will compete next in Wimbledon. Sharapova told Sky Sports she wants to win another Wimbledon title. She said that winning the trophy in 2004 has marked her tennis career. She was only 17 years old then and she said she would love to do it again. The 27-year-old said that her passion for the sport has remained the same. She has not lost her desire to win more titles and play better tennis. Even though she had her ups and downs in her career, she was winning again.
"I've been to a final again, I've been to a couple of semi-finals, but obviously the goal is to win again," said Sharapova.
"I don't think that I've won it before because when you have the mentality that you've won it then it gets boring."
"You have to go out there hungry for more."
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]