FIFA World Cup 2014 Predictions: Match #29 Germany vs. Ghana
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 18, 2014 11:01 AM EST
The twenty ninth match of the FIFA World Cup 2014 is going to be held between Germany and Ghana. The Group G match should be interesting as Ghana is yet to secure any point. A defeat in this match will probably be the end of its campaign. Germany, on the other hand, had an emphatic win its opening match. A win here will secure a berth in the "group of 16."
Germany's Philipp Lahm (L) talks to teammates Toni Kroos (2nd R) and Thomas Muller during a training session at the Arena Fonte Nova stadium ahead of their 2014 World Cup against Portugal in Salvador, June 15, 2014.
Germany: Germany's performance against Portugal was humongous. For many, Portugal is one of the most admired oppositions in the tournament. Germany's opening game showed that Joachim Loew's team had some other plans in mind. Scoring 4 goals against FIFA Ballon d'Or Cristiano Ronaldo's squad and not conceding any was no small task. The Germans seem to be one of the most complete teams in the world cup. The capability to score against any opposition in the world on any given day is probably the most priced strength it has. Playing against Ghana should be a breeze.
Ghana: Ghana, on the contrary, had a pretty unfulfilling match against the United States. It conceded a goal within the first minute of the play. It never looked like to be in control of the game. Even though it tried to be attacking, it could hardly pierce the U.S. defence. André Ayew eventually managed to score a late equaliser but conceded one more within 4 minutes. Coach Kwesi Appiah accepted that his team made several mistakes in the match. The match against the U.S.A was a great chance to collect 3 points as it defeated the Americans in the last couple of world cups. However, it failed to do so. Now, it has to settle for at least a draw against Germany or face the danger of getting eliminated in the group stages.
Head to Head
These two teams played twice against each other before. Germany scored 7 goals and conceded only 1 in those two matches, both of which Ghana lost.
Germany: Thomas Müller and Philipp Lahm
Ghana: André Ayew
Date, Time & Venue
Brazil's time zone is UTC/GMT -3. The match starts at 4 pm (local time) on June 21, which means it is 5 am on June 22 in New South Wales, Australia. The match will be held at Estadio Castelao in Fortaleza.
Ghana will be blown away by the German force which will score at least 4 times in the match, without conceding any.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide