FIFA World Cup 2014 Predictions: Match #29 Germany vs. Ghana
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 18, 2014 11:01 AM EST
The twenty ninth match of the FIFA World Cup 2014 is going to be held between Germany and Ghana. The Group G match should be interesting as Ghana is yet to secure any point. A defeat in this match will probably be the end of its campaign. Germany, on the other hand, had an emphatic win its opening match. A win here will secure a berth in the "group of 16."
Germany's Philipp Lahm (L) talks to teammates Toni Kroos (2nd R) and Thomas Muller during a training session at the Arena Fonte Nova stadium ahead of their 2014 World Cup against Portugal in Salvador, June 15, 2014.
Germany: Germany's performance against Portugal was humongous. For many, Portugal is one of the most admired oppositions in the tournament. Germany's opening game showed that Joachim Loew's team had some other plans in mind. Scoring 4 goals against FIFA Ballon d'Or Cristiano Ronaldo's squad and not conceding any was no small task. The Germans seem to be one of the most complete teams in the world cup. The capability to score against any opposition in the world on any given day is probably the most priced strength it has. Playing against Ghana should be a breeze.
Ghana: Ghana, on the contrary, had a pretty unfulfilling match against the United States. It conceded a goal within the first minute of the play. It never looked like to be in control of the game. Even though it tried to be attacking, it could hardly pierce the U.S. defence. André Ayew eventually managed to score a late equaliser but conceded one more within 4 minutes. Coach Kwesi Appiah accepted that his team made several mistakes in the match. The match against the U.S.A was a great chance to collect 3 points as it defeated the Americans in the last couple of world cups. However, it failed to do so. Now, it has to settle for at least a draw against Germany or face the danger of getting eliminated in the group stages.
Head to Head
These two teams played twice against each other before. Germany scored 7 goals and conceded only 1 in those two matches, both of which Ghana lost.
Germany: Thomas Müller and Philipp Lahm
Ghana: André Ayew
Date, Time & Venue
Brazil's time zone is UTC/GMT -3. The match starts at 4 pm (local time) on June 21, which means it is 5 am on June 22 in New South Wales, Australia. The match will be held at Estadio Castelao in Fortaleza.
Ghana will be blown away by the German force which will score at least 4 times in the match, without conceding any.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet