Vin Diesel Addresses Reports That He is Difficult on ‘Fast & Furious 7’ Set, Explains How They Are Faring Without Paul Walker
By Anne Lu | June 18, 2014 10:44 AM EST
Vin Diesel has spoken up about filming “Fast & Furious 7” without his co-star Paul Walker. The 46-year-old also appeared to address recent reports that he was a jerk on set.
In November, Walker, who played Brian O’Conner in the multi-billion film franchise, met a fatal accident at the age of 40 in California. He was able to shoot most of his scenes in the latest film instalment, but there were still a few that need to be shot.
Actor Vin Diesel poses with his newly unveiled star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California, August 26, 2013.
His brothers, Caleb and Cody, have stepped in to help the crew complete the film by sharing his role.
Diesel has informed his fans how Walker’s absence is affecting the production of the upcoming movie.
“He did it with the pride of knowing, that over a decade of portraying Brian, through four directors, multiple writers and new producers he was able to maintain the inner core of the character he created. Those work ethics and drive to be both truthful, and in his own way, evolve the decade spanning character is what made his character as iconic as it has become.
“He always knew I would fight for him... whether it was to protect his deal or to protect his integrity... and he knew that if it made for a better film, I was going to do whatever it took... it is why together, we won best duo... twice, 12 years apart.
“With our new ambitious vfx team, the whole cast and crew has had to adjust to this awkward and uncomfortable process of pixels over people. Aside from the obvious strains it places on the director, the challenge is not to allow it to compromise what makes the character so special.
“Happy Toretto Tuesday...”
Diesel’s message not only explained how they are faring without the late star, but also appears to have addressed the recent report that he was being difficult on set.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Diesel “has been so difficult that some on set have fantasised about using the facial-replacement technology being deployed to put Walker in the film as a sub for Diesel as well.”
Universal Pictures chairman Donna Langley has denied the claim, saying that Diesel and the cast and crew have been “terrific” despite the fact that they are working under some challenges.
“Fast & Furious 7” is scheduled for release on April 10, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family