Vin Diesel Addresses Reports That He is Difficult on ‘Fast & Furious 7’ Set, Explains How They Are Faring Without Paul Walker
By Anne Lu | June 18, 2014 10:44 AM EST
Vin Diesel has spoken up about filming “Fast & Furious 7” without his co-star Paul Walker. The 46-year-old also appeared to address recent reports that he was a jerk on set.
In November, Walker, who played Brian O’Conner in the multi-billion film franchise, met a fatal accident at the age of 40 in California. He was able to shoot most of his scenes in the latest film instalment, but there were still a few that need to be shot.
Actor Vin Diesel poses with his newly unveiled star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California, August 26, 2013.
His brothers, Caleb and Cody, have stepped in to help the crew complete the film by sharing his role.
Diesel has informed his fans how Walker’s absence is affecting the production of the upcoming movie.
“He did it with the pride of knowing, that over a decade of portraying Brian, through four directors, multiple writers and new producers he was able to maintain the inner core of the character he created. Those work ethics and drive to be both truthful, and in his own way, evolve the decade spanning character is what made his character as iconic as it has become.
“He always knew I would fight for him... whether it was to protect his deal or to protect his integrity... and he knew that if it made for a better film, I was going to do whatever it took... it is why together, we won best duo... twice, 12 years apart.
“With our new ambitious vfx team, the whole cast and crew has had to adjust to this awkward and uncomfortable process of pixels over people. Aside from the obvious strains it places on the director, the challenge is not to allow it to compromise what makes the character so special.
“Happy Toretto Tuesday...”
Diesel’s message not only explained how they are faring without the late star, but also appears to have addressed the recent report that he was being difficult on set.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Diesel “has been so difficult that some on set have fantasised about using the facial-replacement technology being deployed to put Walker in the film as a sub for Diesel as well.”
Universal Pictures chairman Donna Langley has denied the claim, saying that Diesel and the cast and crew have been “terrific” despite the fact that they are working under some challenges.
“Fast & Furious 7” is scheduled for release on April 10, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build