Vin Diesel Addresses Reports That He is Difficult on ‘Fast & Furious 7’ Set, Explains How They Are Faring Without Paul Walker
By Anne Lu | June 18, 2014 10:44 AM EST
Vin Diesel has spoken up about filming “Fast & Furious 7” without his co-star Paul Walker. The 46-year-old also appeared to address recent reports that he was a jerk on set.
In November, Walker, who played Brian O’Conner in the multi-billion film franchise, met a fatal accident at the age of 40 in California. He was able to shoot most of his scenes in the latest film instalment, but there were still a few that need to be shot.
Actor Vin Diesel poses with his newly unveiled star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California, August 26, 2013.
His brothers, Caleb and Cody, have stepped in to help the crew complete the film by sharing his role.
Diesel has informed his fans how Walker’s absence is affecting the production of the upcoming movie.
“He did it with the pride of knowing, that over a decade of portraying Brian, through four directors, multiple writers and new producers he was able to maintain the inner core of the character he created. Those work ethics and drive to be both truthful, and in his own way, evolve the decade spanning character is what made his character as iconic as it has become.
“He always knew I would fight for him... whether it was to protect his deal or to protect his integrity... and he knew that if it made for a better film, I was going to do whatever it took... it is why together, we won best duo... twice, 12 years apart.
“With our new ambitious vfx team, the whole cast and crew has had to adjust to this awkward and uncomfortable process of pixels over people. Aside from the obvious strains it places on the director, the challenge is not to allow it to compromise what makes the character so special.
“Happy Toretto Tuesday...”
Diesel’s message not only explained how they are faring without the late star, but also appears to have addressed the recent report that he was being difficult on set.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Diesel “has been so difficult that some on set have fantasised about using the facial-replacement technology being deployed to put Walker in the film as a sub for Diesel as well.”
Universal Pictures chairman Donna Langley has denied the claim, saying that Diesel and the cast and crew have been “terrific” despite the fact that they are working under some challenges.
“Fast & Furious 7” is scheduled for release on April 10, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date