Mercury Retrograde 2014: Cosmic Reason for Worries Over Delays and Mishaps Ends on July 1
By Arlene Paredes | June 18, 2014 2:09 AM EST
Mercury retrograde 2014 is in session for the second time this year. There will be some delays and mishaps related to this astrological event, according to reports.
Mercury retrograde 2014 means chaos, or at least that is what many superstitious people believe. It happens a couple of times a year, and this time it lasts from June 7 to July 1. This astrological event, often perceived as a special cosmic affair, is "an optical illusion."
Astrology.com explains the meaning of Mercury retrograde: The planet Mercury appears to move backwards from the observers' perspective on Earth, but there is no retrograde motion, during Mercury retrograde. In science terms, this means the planet is going about its usual orbit, although it does not look that way, explains this NASA's Starchild page.
Several astrology Web sites have a lot of tips in relation to Mercury retrograde 2014. Those who would pick up these tips would need them again from Oct. 4 to Oct. 25, the last session this year.
"A lost idea or person can return, especially someone [who] has a mysterious pull on the soul or psyche," is what could happen during Mercury retrograde 2014, says About.com.
Various readings suggest electronics, transport systems, business travels are some of the things usually affected by Mercury retrograde.
"(I)f you have a business trip planned, check that itinerary not once, not twice, but three or even four times," reports Astrology.com.
On Twitter, some people are talking about Mercury retrograde 2014, as if there is a real cause for concern. It so happens that the most recent Full Moon occurs on a Friday the 13th (June 13) and falls within the same date range as the retrograde, so some people were extra superstitious.
It's a full moon on Friday the 13th while Mercury is in retrograde with 0% APR/60 months on a New Toyota Prius! Total insanity.
— Dane Cook (@DaneCook) June 14, 2014
The Mercury retrograde 2014 is still in effect. It lasts up to July 1, after which the world's electronics, communications and travel systems are supposed to go back to normal.
Ever since the mercury retrograde I been acting like an evil witch. When does it end? I don't like it! — Stone Foxxx (@macsawze) June 17, 2014
Here is celebrity Jessica Lu's tweet on Mercury retrograde, the full moon, and Friday the 13th.
Friday the 13th. Full moon. Mercury retrograde. Good luuuuuuuuuuuck, everyone!!!!!!
— Jessica Lu (@HiJessicaLu) June 13, 2014
For those who are monitoring, Mercury retrograde 2014 "happens" again from Oct. 4 to Oct. 25. This current session ends July 1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where to Watch Delta Aquarids July 28-29 Peak Online, NASA Cameras Spotted Start of Perseid Meteor Shower
- Viral Wedding Photo: Amy Hicks Reveals True Story behind Viral Photo that Created Trending Hashtag on Twitter #westillcoming
- Six-Year-Old Canada girl Dies after Hit by Sedan in Crowded Store
- New Zealand-Born IDF Soldier Killed in Gaza Attack Amid Ceasefire Promises
- Volunteer Teen Rapes Orphans during Mission Trip
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal