2014 World Cup: Brazil v Mexico Preview and Free Live Streaming Information
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 18, 2014 1:07 AM EST
The World Cup spectators at the Estadio Castelao in Fortaleza will be witnessing an exciting match as opening match winners Brazil and Mexico will be slugging it out, with the aim to take the driver seat in Group A.
Brazil's Neymar runs after the ball during a 2014 World Cup training session in Fortaleza
The Seleção will be capatilizing on their tournament-long edge - the home-field advantage.
One of their key players, Hulk, is doubtful to feature in this game as he suffered a thigh injury on Sunday during a training session, while attacker Bernard is expected to be fielded in, in lieu of the burly winger.
Manager Felipe Scolari is not taking things lightly in spite of starting the tournament with a "bang" against Croatia.
"Every time we play against Mexico we have difficulties," he told fifa.com.
"That is why it is a game the players know will be very even, they need to have very good conditioning from the beginning until the end."
"The two teams play football of very good quality, with the ball on the ground, lots of moving around."
Projected Starters (4-2-3-1): Cesar; Marcelo, Alves, Silva, Luiz; Paulinho, Gustavo; Bernard, Oscar, Neymar; Fred
El Tri boss Miguel Herrera is expected to stick with the same group that won 1-nil against Cameroon, as it proved somehow effective with the ball finding the back of the net three times, two of which were unfortunately disallowed.
Meanwhile, skipper Rafael Marquez emphasised the need to contain the opposition's "heart and soul," Neymar, for them to have the chance to come out with a favorable outcome.
"We have to cover, have two against one, be fast and reduce the spaces on the pitch and not let him (Neymar) play," he told Globo.
"Against Brazil, it will surely be a very difficult game. We know the talent of Neymar, Oscar, Hulk but we will train in ways to handle them. We have to make the most of this opportunity - it is a showcase for all of us. For many of them it is an opportunity to go up one more level."
Projected Starters (3-5-2): Ochoa; Moreno, Rodriguez, Marquez; Layun, Aguilar, Guardado, Herrera, Vazquez; Santos, Peralta
Schedule and Free Live Stream Information (Click on the links below):
Kick-off: 5 am, June 18, 2014 (Sydney Time)
Coverage via ESPN
Coverage via BBC
U.S. - [here]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Team Preview: Puerto Rico Roster, Key Players And Schedule
- Kevin Love Tells Minnesota Timberwolves Owner Glen Taylor To Mind His Own Team
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko