2014 World Cup: Brazil v Mexico Preview and Free Live Streaming Information
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 18, 2014 1:07 AM EST
The World Cup spectators at the Estadio Castelao in Fortaleza will be witnessing an exciting match as opening match winners Brazil and Mexico will be slugging it out, with the aim to take the driver seat in Group A.
Brazil's Neymar runs after the ball during a 2014 World Cup training session in Fortaleza
The Seleção will be capatilizing on their tournament-long edge - the home-field advantage.
One of their key players, Hulk, is doubtful to feature in this game as he suffered a thigh injury on Sunday during a training session, while attacker Bernard is expected to be fielded in, in lieu of the burly winger.
Manager Felipe Scolari is not taking things lightly in spite of starting the tournament with a "bang" against Croatia.
"Every time we play against Mexico we have difficulties," he told fifa.com.
"That is why it is a game the players know will be very even, they need to have very good conditioning from the beginning until the end."
"The two teams play football of very good quality, with the ball on the ground, lots of moving around."
Projected Starters (4-2-3-1): Cesar; Marcelo, Alves, Silva, Luiz; Paulinho, Gustavo; Bernard, Oscar, Neymar; Fred
El Tri boss Miguel Herrera is expected to stick with the same group that won 1-nil against Cameroon, as it proved somehow effective with the ball finding the back of the net three times, two of which were unfortunately disallowed.
Meanwhile, skipper Rafael Marquez emphasised the need to contain the opposition's "heart and soul," Neymar, for them to have the chance to come out with a favorable outcome.
"We have to cover, have two against one, be fast and reduce the spaces on the pitch and not let him (Neymar) play," he told Globo.
"Against Brazil, it will surely be a very difficult game. We know the talent of Neymar, Oscar, Hulk but we will train in ways to handle them. We have to make the most of this opportunity - it is a showcase for all of us. For many of them it is an opportunity to go up one more level."
Projected Starters (3-5-2): Ochoa; Moreno, Rodriguez, Marquez; Layun, Aguilar, Guardado, Herrera, Vazquez; Santos, Peralta
Schedule and Free Live Stream Information (Click on the links below):
Kick-off: 5 am, June 18, 2014 (Sydney Time)
Coverage via ESPN
Coverage via BBC
U.S. - [here]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air