2014 World Cup: Brazil v Mexico Preview and Free Live Streaming Information
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 18, 2014 1:07 AM EST
The World Cup spectators at the Estadio Castelao in Fortaleza will be witnessing an exciting match as opening match winners Brazil and Mexico will be slugging it out, with the aim to take the driver seat in Group A.
Brazil's Neymar runs after the ball during a 2014 World Cup training session in Fortaleza
The Seleção will be capatilizing on their tournament-long edge - the home-field advantage.
One of their key players, Hulk, is doubtful to feature in this game as he suffered a thigh injury on Sunday during a training session, while attacker Bernard is expected to be fielded in, in lieu of the burly winger.
Manager Felipe Scolari is not taking things lightly in spite of starting the tournament with a "bang" against Croatia.
"Every time we play against Mexico we have difficulties," he told fifa.com.
"That is why it is a game the players know will be very even, they need to have very good conditioning from the beginning until the end."
"The two teams play football of very good quality, with the ball on the ground, lots of moving around."
Projected Starters (4-2-3-1): Cesar; Marcelo, Alves, Silva, Luiz; Paulinho, Gustavo; Bernard, Oscar, Neymar; Fred
El Tri boss Miguel Herrera is expected to stick with the same group that won 1-nil against Cameroon, as it proved somehow effective with the ball finding the back of the net three times, two of which were unfortunately disallowed.
Meanwhile, skipper Rafael Marquez emphasised the need to contain the opposition's "heart and soul," Neymar, for them to have the chance to come out with a favorable outcome.
"We have to cover, have two against one, be fast and reduce the spaces on the pitch and not let him (Neymar) play," he told Globo.
"Against Brazil, it will surely be a very difficult game. We know the talent of Neymar, Oscar, Hulk but we will train in ways to handle them. We have to make the most of this opportunity - it is a showcase for all of us. For many of them it is an opportunity to go up one more level."
Projected Starters (3-5-2): Ochoa; Moreno, Rodriguez, Marquez; Layun, Aguilar, Guardado, Herrera, Vazquez; Santos, Peralta
Schedule and Free Live Stream Information (Click on the links below):
Kick-off: 5 am, June 18, 2014 (Sydney Time)
Coverage via ESPN
Coverage via BBC
U.S. - [here]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools