2014 World Cup: Brazil v Mexico Preview and Free Live Streaming Information
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 18, 2014 1:07 AM EST
The World Cup spectators at the Estadio Castelao in Fortaleza will be witnessing an exciting match as opening match winners Brazil and Mexico will be slugging it out, with the aim to take the driver seat in Group A.
Brazil's Neymar runs after the ball during a 2014 World Cup training session in Fortaleza
The Seleção will be capatilizing on their tournament-long edge - the home-field advantage.
One of their key players, Hulk, is doubtful to feature in this game as he suffered a thigh injury on Sunday during a training session, while attacker Bernard is expected to be fielded in, in lieu of the burly winger.
Manager Felipe Scolari is not taking things lightly in spite of starting the tournament with a "bang" against Croatia.
"Every time we play against Mexico we have difficulties," he told fifa.com.
"That is why it is a game the players know will be very even, they need to have very good conditioning from the beginning until the end."
"The two teams play football of very good quality, with the ball on the ground, lots of moving around."
Projected Starters (4-2-3-1): Cesar; Marcelo, Alves, Silva, Luiz; Paulinho, Gustavo; Bernard, Oscar, Neymar; Fred
El Tri boss Miguel Herrera is expected to stick with the same group that won 1-nil against Cameroon, as it proved somehow effective with the ball finding the back of the net three times, two of which were unfortunately disallowed.
Meanwhile, skipper Rafael Marquez emphasised the need to contain the opposition's "heart and soul," Neymar, for them to have the chance to come out with a favorable outcome.
"We have to cover, have two against one, be fast and reduce the spaces on the pitch and not let him (Neymar) play," he told Globo.
"Against Brazil, it will surely be a very difficult game. We know the talent of Neymar, Oscar, Hulk but we will train in ways to handle them. We have to make the most of this opportunity - it is a showcase for all of us. For many of them it is an opportunity to go up one more level."
Projected Starters (3-5-2): Ochoa; Moreno, Rodriguez, Marquez; Layun, Aguilar, Guardado, Herrera, Vazquez; Santos, Peralta
Schedule and Free Live Stream Information (Click on the links below):
Kick-off: 5 am, June 18, 2014 (Sydney Time)
Coverage via ESPN
Coverage via BBC
U.S. - [here]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR Preview
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date