2014 World Cup: Brazil v Mexico Preview and Free Live Streaming Information
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 18, 2014 1:07 AM EST
The World Cup spectators at the Estadio Castelao in Fortaleza will be witnessing an exciting match as opening match winners Brazil and Mexico will be slugging it out, with the aim to take the driver seat in Group A.
Brazil's Neymar runs after the ball during a 2014 World Cup training session in Fortaleza
The Seleção will be capatilizing on their tournament-long edge - the home-field advantage.
One of their key players, Hulk, is doubtful to feature in this game as he suffered a thigh injury on Sunday during a training session, while attacker Bernard is expected to be fielded in, in lieu of the burly winger.
Manager Felipe Scolari is not taking things lightly in spite of starting the tournament with a "bang" against Croatia.
"Every time we play against Mexico we have difficulties," he told fifa.com.
"That is why it is a game the players know will be very even, they need to have very good conditioning from the beginning until the end."
"The two teams play football of very good quality, with the ball on the ground, lots of moving around."
Projected Starters (4-2-3-1): Cesar; Marcelo, Alves, Silva, Luiz; Paulinho, Gustavo; Bernard, Oscar, Neymar; Fred
El Tri boss Miguel Herrera is expected to stick with the same group that won 1-nil against Cameroon, as it proved somehow effective with the ball finding the back of the net three times, two of which were unfortunately disallowed.
Meanwhile, skipper Rafael Marquez emphasised the need to contain the opposition's "heart and soul," Neymar, for them to have the chance to come out with a favorable outcome.
"We have to cover, have two against one, be fast and reduce the spaces on the pitch and not let him (Neymar) play," he told Globo.
"Against Brazil, it will surely be a very difficult game. We know the talent of Neymar, Oscar, Hulk but we will train in ways to handle them. We have to make the most of this opportunity - it is a showcase for all of us. For many of them it is an opportunity to go up one more level."
Projected Starters (3-5-2): Ochoa; Moreno, Rodriguez, Marquez; Layun, Aguilar, Guardado, Herrera, Vazquez; Santos, Peralta
Schedule and Free Live Stream Information (Click on the links below):
Kick-off: 5 am, June 18, 2014 (Sydney Time)
Coverage via ESPN
Coverage via BBC
U.S. - [here]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen