Arsenal FC Transfer News: Schalke Midfield Sensation Admits Gunners Snub
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 17, 2014 11:29 PM EST
Schalke midfielder Julian Draxler admitted that he refused to head to Arsenal in January for a loan deal.
The 20-year-old was heavily linked with a move to the Emirates, but nothing apparently materialised as he decided to finish the 2013/14 season in the
“In January there was the offer of Arsenal, but I decided to stay." - Julian Draxler
Bundesliga, while recently signing a 5-year extension with the Royal Blues.
"In January there was the offer of Arsenal, but I decided to stay," said the Germany international, who is currently representing his country in the World Cup.
"I will do the same this summer. I want to play one year more in Schalke."
Meanwhile, he was modest enough to admit that his side has all the tools to win it all this year.
"We were a little bit nervous before the game," he added.
"But we know we are very strong and we wanted to show the world we can win the title."
"There are many other great nations and teams here, but we are one of the favourites."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide