Arsenal FC Transfer News: Schalke Midfield Sensation Admits Gunners Snub
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 17, 2014 11:29 PM EST
Schalke midfielder Julian Draxler admitted that he refused to head to Arsenal in January for a loan deal.
The 20-year-old was heavily linked with a move to the Emirates, but nothing apparently materialised as he decided to finish the 2013/14 season in the
“In January there was the offer of Arsenal, but I decided to stay." - Julian Draxler
Bundesliga, while recently signing a 5-year extension with the Royal Blues.
"In January there was the offer of Arsenal, but I decided to stay," said the Germany international, who is currently representing his country in the World Cup.
"I will do the same this summer. I want to play one year more in Schalke."
Meanwhile, he was modest enough to admit that his side has all the tools to win it all this year.
"We were a little bit nervous before the game," he added.
"But we know we are very strong and we wanted to show the world we can win the title."
"There are many other great nations and teams here, but we are one of the favourites."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu