Arsenal FC Transfer News: Schalke Midfield Sensation Admits Gunners Snub
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 17, 2014 11:29 PM EST
Schalke midfielder Julian Draxler admitted that he refused to head to Arsenal in January for a loan deal.
The 20-year-old was heavily linked with a move to the Emirates, but nothing apparently materialised as he decided to finish the 2013/14 season in the
“In January there was the offer of Arsenal, but I decided to stay." - Julian Draxler
Bundesliga, while recently signing a 5-year extension with the Royal Blues.
"In January there was the offer of Arsenal, but I decided to stay," said the Germany international, who is currently representing his country in the World Cup.
"I will do the same this summer. I want to play one year more in Schalke."
Meanwhile, he was modest enough to admit that his side has all the tools to win it all this year.
"We were a little bit nervous before the game," he added.
"But we know we are very strong and we wanted to show the world we can win the title."
"There are many other great nations and teams here, but we are one of the favourites."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet