Arsenal FC Transfer News: Schalke Midfield Sensation Admits Gunners Snub
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 17, 2014 11:29 PM EST
Schalke midfielder Julian Draxler admitted that he refused to head to Arsenal in January for a loan deal.
The 20-year-old was heavily linked with a move to the Emirates, but nothing apparently materialised as he decided to finish the 2013/14 season in the
“In January there was the offer of Arsenal, but I decided to stay." - Julian Draxler
Bundesliga, while recently signing a 5-year extension with the Royal Blues.
"In January there was the offer of Arsenal, but I decided to stay," said the Germany international, who is currently representing his country in the World Cup.
"I will do the same this summer. I want to play one year more in Schalke."
Meanwhile, he was modest enough to admit that his side has all the tools to win it all this year.
"We were a little bit nervous before the game," he added.
"But we know we are very strong and we wanted to show the world we can win the title."
"There are many other great nations and teams here, but we are one of the favourites."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS