Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith Cleared Over Daughter’s Controversial Photo, Willow Named Rising Hollywood Star
By Annie Dee | June 17, 2014 7:50 PM EST
The Smith family, especially Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith can finally breathe a sigh of relief. Radar Online reports that the picture of their 13-year old daughter, Willow Smith with 20-year old Moises Arias, who was once part of "Hannah Montana" show is not a proof of them having questionable parenting skills. Vanity Fair even named Willow Smith, along with her brother Jaden Smith, the next big Hollywood stars, which would not happen if they were raised in questionable manner.
Reuters/ Mike Blake
Actor Will Smith and wife Jada Pinkett Smith arrive at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. Reuters
As such, Will Smith and Jada are officially cleared by the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services. The investigation concluded that Willow was never in danger so no action should be taken against her parents. However, they are recommended to keep a closer eye on their young daughter's behavior and activities in her social media account in the future. The same was said of their son Jaden Smith's activities.
According to Radar Online, "after investigators examined the case and spoke with those involved, they discovered no evidence presented that Willow has ever been in any danger around Moises, or that she has ever been physically or emotionally abused, adding they found Willow to be "a very well adjusted, smart, and articulate young lady." Will Smith and Jada Smith can be grateful for this.
Radar Online has previously reported that the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services was alerted after receiving an anonymous tip regarding "the welfare and safety of Willow based on the contents of the photo." Jada Smith immediately went out to voice her annoyance over the matter. According to her, there was nothing wrong with the picture and there wasn't anything sexual about the photo of Willow and Arias together. Arias is best noted for his role as Rico, the funny and persistent boy on "Hannah Montana."
Incensed Jada Pinkett Smith called on the behaviour of the media, claiming they are the ones putting a negative light and dirty color on the picture. According to her, "You guys are projecting your trash onto it, and you're acting like covert pedophiles, and that's not cool."
Aside from this issue, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith apparently raised their children well. In fact, according to Vanity Fair, the siblings have been named "the Next Wave of Hollywood Stars."
"Willow and Jaden Smith are part of a new wave of Hollywood stars," according to Vanity Fair. The two were included in the list of 23 young stars anticipated to do major things in Hollywood as they grow more into their career.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu