Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith Cleared Over Daughter’s Controversial Photo, Willow Named Rising Hollywood Star
By Annie Dee | June 17, 2014 7:50 PM EST
The Smith family, especially Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith can finally breathe a sigh of relief. Radar Online reports that the picture of their 13-year old daughter, Willow Smith with 20-year old Moises Arias, who was once part of "Hannah Montana" show is not a proof of them having questionable parenting skills. Vanity Fair even named Willow Smith, along with her brother Jaden Smith, the next big Hollywood stars, which would not happen if they were raised in questionable manner.
Reuters/ Mike Blake
Actor Will Smith and wife Jada Pinkett Smith arrive at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. Reuters
As such, Will Smith and Jada are officially cleared by the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services. The investigation concluded that Willow was never in danger so no action should be taken against her parents. However, they are recommended to keep a closer eye on their young daughter's behavior and activities in her social media account in the future. The same was said of their son Jaden Smith's activities.
According to Radar Online, "after investigators examined the case and spoke with those involved, they discovered no evidence presented that Willow has ever been in any danger around Moises, or that she has ever been physically or emotionally abused, adding they found Willow to be "a very well adjusted, smart, and articulate young lady." Will Smith and Jada Smith can be grateful for this.
Radar Online has previously reported that the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services was alerted after receiving an anonymous tip regarding "the welfare and safety of Willow based on the contents of the photo." Jada Smith immediately went out to voice her annoyance over the matter. According to her, there was nothing wrong with the picture and there wasn't anything sexual about the photo of Willow and Arias together. Arias is best noted for his role as Rico, the funny and persistent boy on "Hannah Montana."
Incensed Jada Pinkett Smith called on the behaviour of the media, claiming they are the ones putting a negative light and dirty color on the picture. According to her, "You guys are projecting your trash onto it, and you're acting like covert pedophiles, and that's not cool."
Aside from this issue, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith apparently raised their children well. In fact, according to Vanity Fair, the siblings have been named "the Next Wave of Hollywood Stars."
"Willow and Jaden Smith are part of a new wave of Hollywood stars," according to Vanity Fair. The two were included in the list of 23 young stars anticipated to do major things in Hollywood as they grow more into their career.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal