Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith Cleared Over Daughter’s Controversial Photo, Willow Named Rising Hollywood Star
By Annie Dee | June 17, 2014 7:50 PM EST
The Smith family, especially Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith can finally breathe a sigh of relief. Radar Online reports that the picture of their 13-year old daughter, Willow Smith with 20-year old Moises Arias, who was once part of "Hannah Montana" show is not a proof of them having questionable parenting skills. Vanity Fair even named Willow Smith, along with her brother Jaden Smith, the next big Hollywood stars, which would not happen if they were raised in questionable manner.
Reuters/ Mike Blake
Actor Will Smith and wife Jada Pinkett Smith arrive at the 86th Academy Awards in Hollywood, California March 2, 2014. Reuters
As such, Will Smith and Jada are officially cleared by the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services. The investigation concluded that Willow was never in danger so no action should be taken against her parents. However, they are recommended to keep a closer eye on their young daughter's behavior and activities in her social media account in the future. The same was said of their son Jaden Smith's activities.
According to Radar Online, "after investigators examined the case and spoke with those involved, they discovered no evidence presented that Willow has ever been in any danger around Moises, or that she has ever been physically or emotionally abused, adding they found Willow to be "a very well adjusted, smart, and articulate young lady." Will Smith and Jada Smith can be grateful for this.
Radar Online has previously reported that the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services was alerted after receiving an anonymous tip regarding "the welfare and safety of Willow based on the contents of the photo." Jada Smith immediately went out to voice her annoyance over the matter. According to her, there was nothing wrong with the picture and there wasn't anything sexual about the photo of Willow and Arias together. Arias is best noted for his role as Rico, the funny and persistent boy on "Hannah Montana."
Incensed Jada Pinkett Smith called on the behaviour of the media, claiming they are the ones putting a negative light and dirty color on the picture. According to her, "You guys are projecting your trash onto it, and you're acting like covert pedophiles, and that's not cool."
Aside from this issue, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith apparently raised their children well. In fact, according to Vanity Fair, the siblings have been named "the Next Wave of Hollywood Stars."
"Willow and Jaden Smith are part of a new wave of Hollywood stars," according to Vanity Fair. The two were included in the list of 23 young stars anticipated to do major things in Hollywood as they grow more into their career.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales