'Fast & Furious 7' Release Date and Production Issues: Vin Diesel Reportedly Causing Problems on Set
By Sonalee singh | June 17, 2014 6:19 PM EST
Buzz is that Vin Diesel is creating problems in the already delayed production of "Fast&Furious 7." According to the latest reports by Hollywood Reporter, Diesel has been uncooperative.
Actor Vin Diesel poses with his newly unveiled star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California, August 26, 2013.
"Vin spent a whole day in his trailer one day," says one insider. "The next day, they waited four hours for him. He called a meeting [May 28] of studio execs to his trailer for two-and-a-half hours to say, 'What the f- am I doing here?" a source revealed to the magazine.
Furthermore, since Paul Walker's death the crew is suffering from low morale and is understood that Vin's behavior is adding more to their woes. However, Universal Pictures chairman Donna Langley has a different story to tell.
"This production is working through some challenges that are historically unprecedented. The crew and cast, led by Vin, have been nothing but terrific under these circumstances," said Donna about the film's progress.
The report of Vin being uncooperative on the set comes as a shocker to fans as he has been very regular in updating the progress of the film on his Facebook page. Even director James Wan seems to happy with the progress of the film. On June 13 he posted a photo from the film shoot where Vin could be seen kneeling down with a blue screen in the backdrop.
"Filming under a full moon (in the distance) on the night of Friday the 13th. This is the kind of setting I'm familiar with. #Universalbacklot #FF7," he captioned the photo on the Instagram.
From Wan's social media share, it does not seem that things are going difficult on the F&F sets.
Appallingly, the magazine reports went on to say that a crew has fantasized using the facial-replacement technology for Diesel. The facial-replacement technology is already being used for Paul Walker.
Vin Diesel has not yet commented on the rumours.
"Fast & Furious 7" is set to release in April next year.
The cast of the film includes Diesel, Luke Evans, Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris and Jordana Brewster. UFC Womens Bantam weight champion Ronda Rousey and ONG Bak star Tony Jaa would also be seen acting in the film.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On