'Fast & Furious 7' Release Date and Production Issues: Vin Diesel Reportedly Causing Problems on Set
By Sonalee singh | June 17, 2014 6:19 PM EST
Buzz is that Vin Diesel is creating problems in the already delayed production of "Fast&Furious 7." According to the latest reports by Hollywood Reporter, Diesel has been uncooperative.
Actor Vin Diesel poses with his newly unveiled star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California, August 26, 2013.
"Vin spent a whole day in his trailer one day," says one insider. "The next day, they waited four hours for him. He called a meeting [May 28] of studio execs to his trailer for two-and-a-half hours to say, 'What the f- am I doing here?" a source revealed to the magazine.
Furthermore, since Paul Walker's death the crew is suffering from low morale and is understood that Vin's behavior is adding more to their woes. However, Universal Pictures chairman Donna Langley has a different story to tell.
"This production is working through some challenges that are historically unprecedented. The crew and cast, led by Vin, have been nothing but terrific under these circumstances," said Donna about the film's progress.
The report of Vin being uncooperative on the set comes as a shocker to fans as he has been very regular in updating the progress of the film on his Facebook page. Even director James Wan seems to happy with the progress of the film. On June 13 he posted a photo from the film shoot where Vin could be seen kneeling down with a blue screen in the backdrop.
"Filming under a full moon (in the distance) on the night of Friday the 13th. This is the kind of setting I'm familiar with. #Universalbacklot #FF7," he captioned the photo on the Instagram.
From Wan's social media share, it does not seem that things are going difficult on the F&F sets.
Appallingly, the magazine reports went on to say that a crew has fantasized using the facial-replacement technology for Diesel. The facial-replacement technology is already being used for Paul Walker.
Vin Diesel has not yet commented on the rumours.
"Fast & Furious 7" is set to release in April next year.
The cast of the film includes Diesel, Luke Evans, Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris and Jordana Brewster. UFC Womens Bantam weight champion Ronda Rousey and ONG Bak star Tony Jaa would also be seen acting in the film.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June