'Fast & Furious 7' Release Date and Production Issues: Vin Diesel Reportedly Causing Problems on Set
By Sonalee singh | June 17, 2014 6:19 PM EST
Buzz is that Vin Diesel is creating problems in the already delayed production of "Fast&Furious 7." According to the latest reports by Hollywood Reporter, Diesel has been uncooperative.
Actor Vin Diesel poses with his newly unveiled star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California, August 26, 2013.
"Vin spent a whole day in his trailer one day," says one insider. "The next day, they waited four hours for him. He called a meeting [May 28] of studio execs to his trailer for two-and-a-half hours to say, 'What the f- am I doing here?" a source revealed to the magazine.
Furthermore, since Paul Walker's death the crew is suffering from low morale and is understood that Vin's behavior is adding more to their woes. However, Universal Pictures chairman Donna Langley has a different story to tell.
"This production is working through some challenges that are historically unprecedented. The crew and cast, led by Vin, have been nothing but terrific under these circumstances," said Donna about the film's progress.
The report of Vin being uncooperative on the set comes as a shocker to fans as he has been very regular in updating the progress of the film on his Facebook page. Even director James Wan seems to happy with the progress of the film. On June 13 he posted a photo from the film shoot where Vin could be seen kneeling down with a blue screen in the backdrop.
"Filming under a full moon (in the distance) on the night of Friday the 13th. This is the kind of setting I'm familiar with. #Universalbacklot #FF7," he captioned the photo on the Instagram.
From Wan's social media share, it does not seem that things are going difficult on the F&F sets.
Appallingly, the magazine reports went on to say that a crew has fantasized using the facial-replacement technology for Diesel. The facial-replacement technology is already being used for Paul Walker.
Vin Diesel has not yet commented on the rumours.
"Fast & Furious 7" is set to release in April next year.
The cast of the film includes Diesel, Luke Evans, Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris and Jordana Brewster. UFC Womens Bantam weight champion Ronda Rousey and ONG Bak star Tony Jaa would also be seen acting in the film.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions