Jenny Mollen Launches a New Book
By Karen Nielsen Palconit | June 17, 2014 6:09 PM EST
Jenny Mollen's book grabbed the attention of women who were "batsh-crazy and liars." But it was also aimed for people who would want to learn some insane things she encountered and her perceptions about the society written in such a way that would make the reader go ROFL or "roll on the floor laughing." "I Like You The Way I Am" could be considered her memoir, telling the people about things she only knew about.
She was Nina Ash on the series, "Angel." But maybe she was destined to write as she progressed in writing funny columns for "Playboy" and "The Smoking Jacket." She also wrote a short film entitled "Kidnapping Caitlinn" where she played with her husband, Jason Biggs.
At first, the book looked like it contained a typicalcontent of a book, full of stories. At the centre, she had a picture of herself wearing a gray dress, surrounded with pictures of herself only in different expressions such as laughing, winking, looking confused and even looking irritated. It also had a tagline of: "Stories about me and some other people." There was a teaser though, at the top where Chelsea Handler , Jenny's friend, talked about how she viewed the book. And once the reader opened it, he or she would instantly knew that the book was anything but normal. In one of the pages, she told about her hiring a hooker for Jason's birthday and even her son's circumcision. The insanity continued on until the reader would find himself or herself puking and laughing from the antics she dared to tell.
The circumstances she said might seem crazy but the reader would feel the authenticity behind it. He or she would even admire the audacity of Jenny Mollen for telling her encounters andantics, without cowering from people's judgments.
Despite all the wackiness, she wanted to reach out to the women with a profound goal. "I just hope that people, women specifically, embrace the side of themselves that maybe is a little nuts or that society tells us is crazy," said Jenny to The New York Times. "I hope that other women read it and think, 'Oh, I'm like that, and that's okay.'"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border