‘Fargo’ Season 2: Potential Second Series Likely with New Cast, New Story and New Characters
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 17, 2014 5:55 PM EST
The freshman season of 'Fargo' is set to wrap-up with a high number of body-count. It is set to be a bloody episode, as there is a great deal of bloodshed. FX has yet to announce that it has renewed "Fargo" for Season 2. However, Noah Hawley, creator of "Fargo" and who has also written every episode of the show, has indicated that there is Season 2. The show has got both critics' praise and viewership rating. FX is unlikely to axe the show when it has delivered strong numbers, with viewers increasing with each episode.
If there is a new season, it will have a new story and new characters, as "Fargo" is an anthology series. Also, the actors starring in Season 1 may not be available to shoot Season 2 because of their busy acting schedules. Hawley had said that "Fargo" Season 2 will be picking up after Season 1 with a "new story with new characters," as he saw it as an anthology series, according to The Guardian.
The Guardian reported in May that Hawley has signed a deal with FX to continue working with its US broadcaster, FX. The two-year agreement expects Hawley to develop a "potential second series of the quirky thriller, as well as a number of new TV projects," according to the report.
At the time, The Guardian quoted Hawley as saying, "I'll sit down with FX and MGM sometime in May. I'm excited to do another one. I could probably see my way clear in doing a third , but I don't really know past that if it's worth doing or whether it's just good to move on to the next thing."
Recently, Hawley dropped a hint in an interview with E! Online that Season 2 of "Fargo" may not feature the cast of Season 1.
"When I went in and sat down with FX, I said the movie was as powerful as it was, because at the end you knew she was going to wake up tomorrow and it was going to be a normal day," Hawley said to E! Online.
"And we're saying it's a true story, which it isn't, but it's following a certain true story logic, and it would strain credulity I think to have the continuing adventures of Molly and Gus with [a new storyline of] 'What crazy Coen Brother case are they going to catch next time?' My feeling is we would explore new territory, but nothing is set in stone yet."
E! Online also reports that Bill Thornton, who plays Lorne Malvo, has signed on a deal for one season, only. This one season deal and Hawley's words almost confirm that Thornton is not returning for Season 2.
Martin Freeman, who plays Lester Nygaard, is currently one of the most high in demand actors. Seeing his busy acting schedules, it seems highly unlikely that Freeman will return to star in season 2.
Bob Odenkirk, who plays Police Chief Bill, is committed to doing AMC's "Better Call Saul," the spin-off of the cult drama series "Breaking Bad," which makes him unavailable for "Fargo" Season 2.
With new cast, a new story, and new characters, "Fargo" Season 2 may turn out be even more thrilling and dark than Season 1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 24-26, 2014: The Forresters, Logans And Spencers Will Celebrate Thanksgiving Day At The Forrester Mansion
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Promo Video And Synopsis For Episode 9 Titled ‘I Alone’ Tease Continuation Of Mission To Bring Bonnie Back [WATCH]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced