‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Spoilers: First Look Shows Thor, Iron Man, Captain America; Things to Know, Release Date, Plot and More [VIDEO]
By jaskiran kaur | June 17, 2014 4:18 PM EST
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" aka "Avengers 2" is one of the most highly anticipated superhero film from Marvel Studios. Even though the film is a year away from its release date, fans are growing eager to know what's in store for them in the eleventh film featuring Marvel Cinematic Universe. Filming of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is halfway through as revealed by director Joss Whedon recently and now photos and videos from the sets of "Avengers 2" are surfacing.
REFILE - CORRECTING TYPO IN ACTOR'S NAME Cast member Mark Ruffalo poses during a photocall for the film "Foxcatcher" in competition at the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 19, 2014. REUTERS/Yves Herman
Behind-the-scenes photos from sets of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" are spreading like wildfire. On Friday morning, June 13, 2014 "Avengers" cast and crew was filming on the campus of the University of East Anglia in Norwich, UK. The video posted by Cinema Blend, shows fan-favourite superheroes Iron Man, Captain America and Thor. The footage shows Chris Hemsworth's Thor summoning the lightening from the above using his hammer. It also shows some personnel training in the grounds, presumably S.H.I.E.L.D. agents. Furthermore, some photos from the set have also emerged. Head over to Movie Pilot to view them and know what's happening at the sets of "Avengers 2."
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" is set to release almost a year later on May 1, 2015. For those eager fans, here are few things that we know so far about the "Avengers" franchise's second instalment. The year will see the release of two more superhero films including "Fantastic Four" and "Ant-Man."
"Avengers 2" Cast: Fans should brace themselves for a power-packed instalment wherein almost all the "Avengers" cast will make a return. The film features Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Mark Ruffalo as Dr. Bruce Banner / The Hulk, Chris Evans as Steve Rogers / Captain America, Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow and Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye.
In addition, S.H.I.E.L.D.'s former director Nicky Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) and James Rhodes/ War Machine (Don Cheadle) will also be joining the team.
New Superheroes: Wanda Maximoff/ Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) and her twin brother Quicksilver (Aaron-Taylor Johnson) will be introduced to the movie adaptation of Marvel's universe.
Scarlet Witch has ultimate telekinetic abilities and can manipulate spells. Meanwhile, Quicksilver has the power to move at superhuman speed.
Josh Brolin, Hayley Atwell, Cobie Smulders and Thomas Kretschmann will also return as Thanos, Peggy Carter, Maria Hill and Baron Wolfgang von Strucker.
Supervillain Ultron: Fans know that Ultron portrayed by James Spader is the ultimate villain that Marvel heroes must defeat to save the world. Ultron is a super intelligent robot who was created by Ant-man, but he is enraged with hatred towards his creators and wishes to rule the world. He is one of the most powerful and darkest villains of Marvel Universe. His powers include superhuman levels of stamina, speed and strength. He is indestructible and can transform into humanoids. According to Whedon, the film avatar of Ultron will be different from the original created by Ant-Man. Director Joss Whedon earlier told that they are creating their own version of Ultron's origin story which will "come directly from The Avengers we already know about" (via slashfilm.com)
More Villains: Another villain to watch out for is Thomas Krestschmann's Baron Wolfgang von Strucker. Not much has been revealed about the character, but according to the original "Avengers" storyline he is one of the most powerful leaders of HYDRA and former Nazi officer.
Plot Details and Opening Shot: Production of the movie is halfway done even then official synopsis remains to be revealed. Recently plot details revealing first few minutes of the movie surfaced. According to Latino Review the opening scene is going to be a full-on action sequence. Fans must also note that events of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" will have an impact in the storyline of "Avengers: Age of Ultron." "Captain America 2" will set the stage for "Avengers 2" in a way. According to the recent reveal, the first 20 minutes of "Avengers 2" will showcase the events that take place immediately after Baron von Strucker post-credit scene in "Captain America 2." The opening shot sees Avengers busting into Baron Stucker's HYDRA outpost. However, he has his own army to defend himself. He has Loki's personnel and the Chitauri weaponry and Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch to fight back. Scarlet uses her abilities and cast a spell on Hulk who starts to think that Leviathan is still alive. But avengers successfully defeat the trio and celebrate the victory at Avengers Tower.
The superheroes also take turns to pick Thor's hammer but fail to do so.
Hulk has 'Bigger' and more 'Complex' role: In an interview with Total Film, Mark Ruffalo revealed that his character is "bigger than last time, and it's more complex and it has more layers and a bit more arc." It is assumed that he was talking about the burgeoning romance with Black Widow as hinted by spoilers from the opening shot. Two of them allegedly find a romantic connection with each other.
Jane and Thor's Split: Not all is good between Jane and Thor in "Avengers 2." It is said the alleged opening scene of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" sees the Asgardian god at the bar looking at Jane (Natalie Portman) with Richard (Chris O'Dowd's character from "Thor: The Dark World).
Watch the "The Avengers: Age Of Ultron" SDCC Teaser (2013) trailer below:
Video: The Avengers: Age Of Ultron SDCC Teaser (2013) - Marvel Movie HD
Credit: YouTube.com/ MOVIECLIPS trailers
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related