Kris Jenner Says Goodbye to $11M Deal, Kanye West 'Not Selling' Wedding Photos
By Annie Dee | June 17, 2014 4:07 PM EST
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's decision not to accept the horde of international offers they received in exchange for the pictures of their wedding do not sit well with mom and manager, Kris Jenner.
TV personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West arrive at a fashion designer workshop in Paris May 21, 2014. U.S. television personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West will celebrate their wedding in Florence on May 24, an official from the mayor's office confirmed on Friday.
Kris Jenner had a reputation for singlehandedly launching her whole family to fame and building an empire so it came as no surprising when she thought it was unwise for the newly wedded couple to let go of this opportunity to get more exposure and more money.
According to the New York Post, the couple got offers amounting to $11 million to publish the photos of their wedding. But Kim and Kanye refused, subsequently suffering the ire of Kris Jenner.
Reports added Kris Jenner was unhappy the couple let go of the opportunity to earn easy and big money by giving the publishing rights over the photos of their over-the-top nuptials in Florence, Italy. The offers have gotten to a staggering $11 million and yet Kim and Kanye still managed to refuse to accept. The site claimed the couple emulate Jay-Z and Beyonce's decision to keep control over their wedding photos.
Apparently, Kris Jenner does not see what the big fuss is about. After all, they are only pictures and the $11 million is not a small amount.
Kris Jenner according to the source, "very much wanted to sell the pictures." This is especially because she gets a percentage off their kids' business interests as a commission.
According to Page Six, "Kris was none too happy."
She cannot see why things have to different now with Kanye and Kim's pictures. She had previously negotiated huge and profitable deals from Kim's disaster of a marriage with Kris Humphries as well as Khloe's union with Lamar Odom, Mail Online UK reported.
West, however, does not want his wife to travel the same road.
"Kanye is taking a page from Jay and Bey, who own their photos," a source said.
He'll rather do the same things as Jay-Z and Beyonce did with their pictures. Jay-Z and Beyonce have released their pictures through their own sites and social media accounts. The same goes with the pictures of daughter Blue Ivy.
Despite probably knowing her mom will not be happy, Kim claimed the decision not to sell is not a personal attack against her mother.
"These are Kim's wedding pictures," the insider said. "Kim and Kanye were getting offers for money, and they decided with their teams not to take any."
Kanye West also recently feared that Baby North's pictures during their wedding impose security threats on his daughter. As such, he would take all measures to ensure his baby's safety and privacy. Controlling the pictures that get published might be one of his ways.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks