Selena Gomez Alleged Lupus Disease: A Worry for Grandmother as 'Come And Get It' Reunites with Justin Bieber
By Sonalee singh | June 17, 2014 4:01 PM EST
Selena Gomez is understood to be suffering from Lupus and this has made her grandmother anxious, as per the reports. The "Come and Get It" got diagnosed with Lupus last year and her grandmother Mary Gomez thinks that the former is not taking proper care of her.
REUTERS/Miami Beach Police De
Canadian pop singer Justin Bieber shows his tattooed left arm, while in police custody in Miami Beach, Florida January 23, 2014 in this Miami Beach Police Department handout released to Reuters on March 4, 2014. Bieber was charged with driving under the influence, resisting arrest and using an expired license after Miami Beach police say they caught him drag racing on January 23. Bieber pleaded not guilty to the charges. REUTERS/Miami Beach Police Dept./Handout via Reuters
Gomez reportedly went to rehab last year after her break-up from Bieber. It was speculated that the 21-year-old singer was seeking help for depression but later she was diagnosed with Lupus, which is a chronic condition of immune system. In Lupus the immune system starts attacking the internal organs.
"Selena is very stressed and concerned about her condition. I am, too," Mary Gomez told Female First, adding, "She is too busy. She needs to rest. We all want her to get this under control."
Gomez has not given any reaction on her alleged health issue till date and buzz is that she is extremely upset to know that there is no cure to her disease and she has to live on medicines throughout her life.
An insider further told the Web site that, "She was so distraught and really freaked out when doctors told her there was no cure and she would have to live with it for the rest of her life. She's been on meds ever since."
Moreover, it is also being speculated that Gomez has once again rekindled romance with her ex Justin Bieber. The two had tried to reunite in March but had called it split last month, as per the reports.
The recent reports suggest that Bieber got back with Selena when he was getting immense backlash for his racism video.
"Justin reached out to Selena when he was getting tons of backlash for his controversial race joke," a source revealed to Hollywood Life. "He told Selena that he really missed her, that she was the only one who truly understood him and that he needed her by his side."
Now that Gomez and Bieber are reportedly together, would this help the former with her disease?
Gomez and Bieber have not said anything about reunion reports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles