‘Game of Thrones' Weddings: Joffrey Most Expensive, Robb Stark 'Town Hall' Wedding
By Tanya Diente | June 17, 2014 3:51 PM EST
Every Westeros wedding in HBO's "Game of Thrones," from Joffrey Baratheon's wedding being the most expensive to Robb Stark's "town hall" wedding cost a fortune and wedding planner Sarah Haywood broke down the cost for each.
Cast member Peter Dinklage arrives for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The blood-filled finale of the fourth season of HBO's fantasy series "Game of Thrones" was watched by 7.1 million viewers, the network said on Monday, topping the 5.4 million people who watched last season's closing episode.
Sarah Haywood has agreed to sit down with Dailydot to lend her professional perspective on the cost of each "Game of Thrones" weddings. According to Dailydot, Sarah Haywood has been described by Time as "Britain's most sought-after wedding planner and an authority on multimillion-dollar weddings."
Below, ranked according to price, is the breakdown of the cost of each five weddings featured in "Game of Thrones."
"Game of Thrones" Season 4 Episode 2 "The Lion and the Rose"
Joffrey Baratheon and Margaery Tyrell Wedding $10.3 million
The notorious Purple Wedding is the most expensive at $10.3 million. The booze alone costs $755,505 while the food totaled $1,863,579 to feed 1,000 guests. Breaking it down, that's $1,800 of food cost per person.
The wedding entertainment comes to a cumulative amount of $148,750 which includes the green room, furniture, props, and sound and lighting equipment.
The cost of the flowers that adorned the wedding ceremony amounted to half a million dollars. This includes the ceremony and gazebo flowers, the centerpieces for the feasts, and additional flower arrangements.
According to Bustle, the amount is no surprise considering Joffrey Baratheon's lavish taste and the regality of the wedding.
"Game of Thrones" Season 1, Episode 1: "Winter Is Coming"
Daenerys Targaryen and Khal Drogo Wedding $8,652,832
The legendary "Game of Thrones" weddings were marked in the show's very first episode, when Daenerys Targaryen was forced to marry the tribal chief Khal Drago.
The royal Dothraki wedding amounts to $8,652,832. Food is at $2,305,129, mostly because of the 40,000 guests.
A Dothraki wedding is never a dull affair with at least three deaths. That's why insurance, inclusive of health and safety assessment, costs $323,599.
Having 40,000 unruly guests is considered pricy. Two nights' accommodation for all the guests costs $1,617,977. Planning alone is another $1,500 million which brings to a total cost of $1,617,977.
"Game of Thrones" Season 3, Episode 9: "The Rains of Castamere"
Edmure Tully and Roslin Frey Wedding $7,071,396.36
The Red Wedding, which according to Bustle still leaves scars even after a year since it happened, made it to the third most expensive wedding because of the hitman. Hiring a hitman to kill 3,500 people costs around $1,600 a pop to make sure the job gets done properly. All in all that's a cost of $5.6 million.
The books tells us that Robb Stark's soldiers weren't catered for, but for the dual feasts held in each tower of the Twins, the cost is around $63,000-or $126 per high-born guest. The booze costs more at a cumulative $340,000 for all 3,500 guests, noble and low-born alike.
For the facilities, Walder Frey was kind enough to offer up his castle free of charge to the nobles. But the men outside require feasting tents and fire pits. Each three large tents big enough to hold a thousand men costs $75,550. Robb Stark's legally mandated, 20-man security detail for 48 hours is a little under $37,000.
"Game of Thrones" Season 3, Episode 10: "Second Sons"
Tyrion Lannister and Sansa Stark Wedding $128,279.71
It is by far the most modest wedding by Westeros' standards according to Bustle, which is four times as expensive as the average American wedding of $27,000.
Tyrion and Sansa are not a match made in heaven however their wedding is grander than Rob Stark's. Ceremony and venue costs $41,113 while entertainment (a selection of court musicians) costs $7,051, 24.
Notwithstanding the threats to Joffrey's manhood, the wedding was a distinctly subdued affair. The public liability insurance-pegged at 1 percent of the non-infrastructure budget-was a little more than $1,000. Likewise, the health and safety checks were considered cheap at $900 and coordination costs below the $21,000 mark.
"Game of Thrones" Season 2, Episode 10: "Valar Morghulis"
Robb Stark and Talisa Maegyr Wedding $503.67
It is the most modest wedding of all according to Bustle which can be considered the Westeros' version of going to the Town Hall. The affair was held in a forest by torchlight and only costs $503, simply for the officiant's fee.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone