Samsung Galaxy Note 4: 5.7-Inches QHD Display Confirmed; Note 4 Shipped to India for Evaluation; Killer Features, Launch Date
By Pavithra Rathinavel | June 17, 2014 3:16 PM EST
The recently leaked information pertaining to the long-awaited Samsung Galaxy Note 4 confirms some of the speculated specifications of this terrific phablet. The Galaxy Note 4 is expected to be launched in a press preview in IFA Expo on September 3, 2014.
It is worth noting that, the predecessor Note 3 was also launched in September of last year and it holds a sales record of 12 million shipped units within 2 months of its launch. The Galaxy Note 3 is priced at US$632 on eBay in the U.S. and the Note 4 is expected to be priced roughly around US$800.
What is New?
According to reports, the Galaxy Note 4 is currently being tested and evaluated in Samsung's Research and Development centre in India. Apparently, the model number SM-N910 pertains to Note 4 and the moniker was recently spotted in the 'Zauba' database that keeps track of the shipment details to and from India. This report confirms the 5.7 inches display bundled with 2,560 x 1,440 pixels (2K) resolution of the Galaxy Note 4.
Other Killer Specifications
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 might come in two models, one with a flat screen, and the other model with a curved OLED display. The curved OLED display variant is expected to be released only in selected markets, says report.
The Note 4 will be powered by a superior quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 805) processor clocked at 2.5 GHz. But according to another report, a Note 4 variant with an octa-core 64-bit processor, with 4 GB of RAM and up to 128 GB of internal storage is also a possibility. Either ways, Note 4 has killer under the hood specifications. In addition, the Galaxy Note 4 is expected to run on the upcoming Android 4.5 Lollipop with TouchWiz UI on top of it.
The Note 4 is expected to sport a whopping 20.7 MP primary camera and a 5 MP secondary camera unit. If rumors were true, the Note 4 camera would support 4K video recording capabilities similar to Sony Xperia Z2 and LG G3. Also, the upcoming phablet is expected to house a whopping 3600 mAh battery unit.
Similar to the Galaxy S5, the Note 4 will also house a fingerprint scanner. The phablet is expected to feature a 'Swipe to launch' option similar to the HTC One M8. With this feature, users can input gestures (swipes) to unlock the device. In addition, the Note 4 will support 'Aqua Capture' capability. This feature can be used to capture photos under water. The other peculiar feature is rumoured to be 'Multi Network for Booster.' This feature utilizes both the LTE and Wi-Fi to give a temporary speed boost.
What do you think of the upcoming Galaxy Note 4? Will this phablet be Mother of all devices? Feel free to leave a comment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family