‘Castle’ Season 7 Begins on an Exit Note
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 17, 2014 2:54 PM EST
Andrew Marlowe, the showrunner of "Castle" since the first season, is set to handover primary duties and responsibilities to David Amann, the executive producer of the show.
Marlowe, however, is expected to continue having a day-to-day presence on the show. According to reports, he has stepped-down to concentrate on developing new projects as part of his overall deal with ABC Studios.
Marlowe's successor Amann joined the "Castle" team during the third season in 2010. He has written some of the most talked about episodes of the show, including "After the Storm," "Under Fire," "Disciple," "In the Belly of the Beast," and "That 70s Show."
"David has proven himself to be a tremendous leader and a great steward of our show's unique voice. I'm excited to continue our creative collaboration as he assumes his new responsibilities," Marlowe said in a statement.
"Castle" will return this fall for Season 7, with a new mythology. The new season will pick-up right where it left-off. The Season 6 of the show wrapped-up with Beckett finding Castle's car in a ditch and in flames and Castle nowhere in sight. Castle and Beckett were all set to get married.
In one of his interviews, Marlowe had said that they wanted to introduce a new mythology with a "bang" and thus ended Season 6 with a big question mark on Castle's fate. He also said that Castle and Beckett will have their kind of wedding but there is still some storytelling to do before these two get married.
Nathan Fillion has signed on for Season 7, Marlowe had confirmed. He also had dropped a hint that Castle is alive by saying that he plays the "titular" character.
It is unlikely that there will be much change in the script of the new mythology, or the love-story arc of Rick Castle and Kate Beckett. As Marlowe continues to be associated with "Castle," the fans may continue to see his little imprints on the show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies