LG G3 vs. HTC One M8 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 17, 2014 2:50 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the LG G3 or the HTC One M8, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Models pose for photographs with LG Electronics' flagship G3 high-end smartphone at its unveiling ceremony in Seoul May 28, 2014. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc launched a revamped version of its flagship G3 high-end smartphone at a discount to its predecessor model on Wednesday and said it would ship more than 10 million units to improve its ailing handset business. REUTERS/Han Jong-chan/Yonhap
Display and Design
The LG G3 comes with a 5.5-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution. The HTC One M8 comes with a 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
The LG G3 is the clear winner in this category with a 534 ppi pixel density compared to the 441 ppi pixel density on the HTC One M8.
The LG G3 comes with 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm dimensions and weighs 149 grams. The HTC One M8 comes with 146.4 x 70.6 x 9.4 mm dimensions and weighs 160 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The LG G3 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The HTC One M8 is equipped with a 2.3 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system and have 2 GB of RAM. Both the devices are about the same in terms of the computing power with the LG G3 having a slight edge being the latest device.
The LG G3 sports a 13 MP primary camera with phase detection/laser autofocus, optical image stabilization and dual LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP. The HTC One M8 sports a 4 MP primary camera with autofocus and dual LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP.
The LG G3 comes with a Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery and the HTC One M8 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The LG G3 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $799.95 and the HTC One M8 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $719.95 in Australia.
Motorola Moto E vs. Nokia Lumia 520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Android M OS Version Spotted At AOSP Before Android 5.0 L's Official Release Date
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha Will Be Available With AT&T From Sept 26, Unlocked Edition Priced At $612.99
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed