LG G3 vs. HTC One M8 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 17, 2014 2:50 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the LG G3 or the HTC One M8, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Models pose for photographs with LG Electronics' flagship G3 high-end smartphone at its unveiling ceremony in Seoul May 28, 2014. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc launched a revamped version of its flagship G3 high-end smartphone at a discount to its predecessor model on Wednesday and said it would ship more than 10 million units to improve its ailing handset business. REUTERS/Han Jong-chan/Yonhap
Display and Design
The LG G3 comes with a 5.5-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution. The HTC One M8 comes with a 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
The LG G3 is the clear winner in this category with a 534 ppi pixel density compared to the 441 ppi pixel density on the HTC One M8.
The LG G3 comes with 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm dimensions and weighs 149 grams. The HTC One M8 comes with 146.4 x 70.6 x 9.4 mm dimensions and weighs 160 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The LG G3 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The HTC One M8 is equipped with a 2.3 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system and have 2 GB of RAM. Both the devices are about the same in terms of the computing power with the LG G3 having a slight edge being the latest device.
The LG G3 sports a 13 MP primary camera with phase detection/laser autofocus, optical image stabilization and dual LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP. The HTC One M8 sports a 4 MP primary camera with autofocus and dual LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP.
The LG G3 comes with a Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery and the HTC One M8 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The LG G3 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $799.95 and the HTC One M8 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $719.95 in Australia.
Motorola Moto E vs. Nokia Lumia 520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage